- Regulators Focus on Negotiated Deals at Issue Price Hearing. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;2/6/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34056, p1
The article focuses on the issue of proposed issue price rules of the U.S. Treasury Department for competitive bond deals in the country as of February 6, 2014.
- Alternative Method in New Issue Price Proposal Criticized. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;9/10/2015, p1
Market participants expressed some criticisms of the alternative method for determining issue price under rules proposed in June and said it was unlikely to be used very often.
- Treasury and IRS Re-Propose Issue Price Rules. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;6/23/2015, p9
The article offers information on the proposed new rules on issue price definition released by the U.S. Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service. Topics include the flexibility of the new rules, the concept of issue price used to identify yield on bonds, and the elimination of the...
- Study: Underwriters Violating IRS Pricing Rule. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/14/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32238, p1
Reports on the failure of some underwriters to meet an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) rule on pricing, according to an academic study on trading and prices in the new-issue municipal market in the U.S. Conclusion of the study; Presentation of the study in a working paper written by professors at...
- End of AMT on municipal bonds would have minimal effect on local bond issues. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;1/8/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the minimal effect on local Puerto Rico bond issues if the plan of congressional Democrats to end the alternative minimum tax (AMT) on municipal bonds will be realized. The proposal by Richard Neal, chairman of the House Ways & Means subcommittee, seeks to expand funding...
- Fatal Flaws Are Revealed in Markup Research Paper. DECKER, MICHAEL // Bond Buyer;6/19/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33931, p3
The author comments on the study "Using EMMA to Assess Municipal Bond Markups," released by authors Geng Deng and Craig McCann. According to the author, the study suggests that widespread violations of the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board fair-pricing rules are rampant in the municipal...
- SEC Asks: Should Muni Bond Pricing Change in Wake of Edward Jones? Casey, Jack // Bondbuyer.com;9/10/2015, p1
Should industry practices on pricing new bonds change in the wake of the SEC's enforcement case against Edward Jones?
- Fed Wants to Halt Its Paper Bond Processing Program. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31990, p47
Reports that the U.S. Federal Reserve Board proposed in October 2004 that it halt the processing of bearer or paper bonds and coupons for depository institutions by the end of 2005, claiming the service will no longer be cost effective and will cause the board to violate a federal law.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;7/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32170, p39
Provides information on bonds issued in the United States as of July 7, 2005.