- Growing Revenue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/13/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32173, p35
Reports on the growth of the revenue of the state of Illinois for the fiscal 2005.
- Let's ditch revenue forecasting. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p13A
The article talks about the revenue forecasting in Indiana. It points out that the government has been criticized because of its formal revenue forecasting system that is wrong. Indiana is neither better nor worse than others in forecasting state revenue. Counties, cities, school corporations,...
- Minnesota Faces Record $5.2B Gap. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33017, p4
The article reports on the $5.2 billion deficit being faced by Minnesota in its current budget and through the next two-year spending cycle. The budget gap prompted lawmakers to propose leasing the state's lottery and main airport to raise revenue. Collections from income, sales, corporate, and...
- Budget highlights 2005-06. Kiani, Khaleeq // Economic Review (05318955);May/Jun2005, Vol. 36 Issue 5/6, p15
The article reports on the 2005-2006 national budget of the Pakistani government. The government presented a budget with a total of 1.1 trillion rupees, a tax revenue target of 690 billion rupees, and projected expenditure of 223.5 billion rupees. Revenue receipt in the budget is estimated at...
- CALIFORNIA: Sacramento: Mind the Gap. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/2/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32747, p9
The article reports on the negative pressures faced by Sacramento city budget in California. There is growing gap between ongoing expenditures and ongoing revenues in the general fund as current revenue growth is insufficient to support committed expenditure increases. The city revenue growth is...
- Revenue Outlook Improves. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32440, p33
The article reports that the state revenue collections of New Mexico was higher than anticipated in fiscal 2006. The state closed the budget year with $697 million in reserves or 14.8% of spending. For fiscal 2007, it expects to collect about $320 million more than what has been project when the...
- Budget Receipts by Source, Fiscal Year to Date, 2003-2004. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2004, p13
Presents a graph about the budget receipts of the U.S. federal government for fiscal 2003 and 2004. Decrease in individual income tax budget receipt in 2004; Increase in corporate income tax budget receipts in 2004.
- On-Budget and Off-Budget Receipts by Source. // Treasury Bulletin;Jun2004, p15
Presents a table about the U.S. federal government's on-budget and off-budget receipts by source for the first-quarter of fiscal 2004. Social insurance and retirement budget receipts; Individual and corporation income tax budget receipts; Old-age, disability and hospital insurance budget receipts.
- REVENUE STRUCTURE, FISCAL ILLUSION, AND BUDGETARY CHOICE. Wagner, Richard E. // Public Choice;Spring1976, Vol. 25, p45
Examines a facet of the impact of fiscal institutions upon taxpayer knowledge, namely, the impact of alternative degrees of complexity in the revenue structure upon the stock of taxpayer knowledge concerning tax-prices of public output. Details of how it is possible that taxpayer perceptions of...