Long-Time Southwest Securities Board Member Goes to DFW Airport
- Is this the end? Clarke, Robyn D. // Black Enterprise;Jul99, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p61
Offers ways on how executives should handle the resignation of employees. Significance of discipline; Importance of learning the reasons for resignation; How to handle an employee who wants to return to work.
- When an Executive Quits on the Job. Golightly, Henry O. // Business Horizons;Apr78, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
Investigates the impact of executive resignation on the management performance of a company. Consideration on executive compensation plans; Implications of on-the-job retirement; Determination of market conditions to meet competitive challenges.
- UK WORKERS LACK FAITH IN BOSSES' LEADERSHIP SKILLS. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;2015 3rd Quarter, p8
The article reports on a study conducted by executive coaching company Zone2 on resignation of workers in Great Britain due to lack of leadership skills in their boss and presents the views of Robin Kermode, founder of Zone2, on failure of leaders in encouraging confidence in employees.
- Data Points. // Power Electronics Technology;Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p12
Reports on developments concerning power electronics technology as of October 2002. Decision of the Electronic Products Division of Collmer Semiconductor Inc. to change its name to High Voltage Power Systems Inc.; Deal signed by GE Specialty Materials, a unit of General Electric Co., to acquire...
- THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY. Haenfuss, Marc // Finance Week;4/5/2002, p16
Reports developments related to industrial management in South Africa as of April 2002. Resignation of executive Gavin Walker from furniture retailer Profurn; Reaction of Morkels Retail Group chief executive officer Dods Brand on the resignation of Walker; Correction on the Web site of Canadian...
- Soros Hedge Fund Managers Depart. Welsh, James // On Wall Street;Jul2000, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the resignation of executives Stanley Druckenmiller, Nicholas Roditi and Duncan Hennes following market losses at Soros Fund Management. Reason for the losses; Decisions made by company chief George Soros.
- Help me handle the exits of senior managers well. // People Management;6/12/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p48
The article offers pieces of advice on handling the exits of senior managers. It cites the case of a company whose valuable senior manager left the company to work for a competitor. It stresses the importance of showing the remaining staff that the business can manage the impact when a key...
- ED business ink. // Entertainment Design;May2001, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p8
Presents news briefs on business executives as of May 2001. Announcement by ETC International on the promotion of Bill Gallinghouse, vice president of business development of the company; Appointment of Bob Looney, director of special projects at Tracoman; Resignation of Morpheus Lights vice...
- President Leaves NY Mortgage Trust amid Cost Cutting Moves. // National Mortgage News;7/18/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p8
Reports on the resignation of Raymond Redlingshafer from his position as president and chief investment officer of New York Mortgage Trust. Plan of Redlingshaferto pursue other career opportunities; Evaluation of the performance of Redlingshafer in the company; Implications of his move on the...