Consumer Sentiment Hits 3-Month High
- Making a Buck on eBay. Curtin, Mary Liz // Giftware News;Aug2005, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p104
Discusses the selling of products in the U.S. electronic retailer e-bay in 2005. Concerns of retailers over the selling of products in the Web the site; Advantages of e-commerce; Advice for reaching out to online consumers.
- Leaves of Grasp. Bing, Stanley // Fortune;1/11/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p49
Presents the author's view on the spending habits of people in the United States in the late 1990s. Desire to own popular items such as Nintendo Game Boys; Reaction of most when stores sell out of such items; The obsession to spend; More.
- Value Hunters. // Retail Merchandiser;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p8
This article states that early 2008 Black Friday returns in the U.S. indicate consumers are willing to part with their money this holiday mason. According to the National Retail Federation, shoppers spent $41 billion in the four-day Thanksgiving weekend, with the average consumer dropping...
- The four-second rule, and other essential online musings. Casey, Bernadette // Retailing Today;11/20/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p6
The article reflects on the increase in online shopping in the U.S. and the impatience of online purchasers. A delay in uploading a Web site may result in retailers losing their customers. WebTrends Crop. found that the holiday season accounts for over 20% of the annual revenues of retailing...
- 'TIS THE E-SEASON. Mack, Ann M.; Heim, Sarah J.; Mara, Janis; Greenberg, Karl // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/30/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 44, p1Q56
Focuses on online shopping in the United States. Projections on electronic-retailing for the holidays; Offers extended by Internet retailers to consumers; Solutions provided by online portals to the problems of Internet users.
- Keep it Going. Badran, Souheil // Retail Merchandiser;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p30
The article highlights some strategies that can be used by U.S. Internet retailers to enhance the online consumer experience post-holidays and increase 2011 profits. Retailers are advised to offer pricing and payment choices to encourage customers to ship on websites. They should cut fraud...
- The sky's the limit as consumers charge ahead. // Chain Store Age;Jan96 Section 2, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p3A
Reports that as consumers in America use credit cards for the purpose of purchasing items, retailers have to change their retail methods. Total consumer debt for 1995; Citation by Federal Reserve Board member Lawrence Lindsey.
- CONSUMER WATCH. // DSN Retailing Today;12/11/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p20
Presents news briefs on consumers in the United States as of December 2000. Status of retail sales in October 2000; Survey on the online retail purchases of consumers; Comparison on online purchases of consumers of books and magazines between foreign countries and the United States.
- Retailers Keeping More Promo Dollars. // Frozen Food Age;Jul2000, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p10
Reveals that retailers are passing fewer promotion dollars on to consumers in the United States in the year 2000. Effect of the decline on retailers; Expenditures of the manufacturers.