Business Sales, Inventories Rise
- Retailers say more shopping will increase holiday sales. Price, Chris // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the expected increase of holiday sales of retailers in New Orleans, Louisiana. Extended shopping period between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Online Sales Expected To Explode Despite E-tailer Woes. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p18
Forecasts the sales performance of electric commerce retailers in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Stability of the expected Web-derived revenue; Consideration of Web-enabled devices as key driver of electronic commerce; Lead of personal computers in the holiday purchases.
- Retail Sales Up 1.5%; Ex-Autos Jumps 0.6%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p2
Reports on the increase in the sales of retailers in the United States in September 2004, according to data released by the Department of Commerce. Percentage of increase in sales projected by economists.
- Retail Sales Up 1.4%; Ex Autos Rise 1.1%. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;5/13/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32132, p2
This article reports that in the largest increase in seven months, sales by U.S. retailers rose 1.45 in April to $344.9 billion, while excluding input from auto dealerships, retail sales were up 1.1 %, according to data released by the U.S. Department of Commerce. The April retail sales figure...
- Retail Sales Up 0.1%; Ex-Autos Gain 0.5%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/14/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32029, p2
The article presents information on increase in sales by 0.1% of U.S. retailers. This increase is slightly less than expected. According to the Commerce Department excluding input from auto dealerships, retail sales were up by 0.5%. The retail sales increase followed a revised 0.8% hike in...
- Online retail jingles bells this Christmas. // Marketing Week;10/26/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p41
The article presents the top online retailers in Great Britain. Marks & Spencer, Tesco Corp., John Lewis and Debenhams Ltd. are among those which make strong showings in the market. Though eBay Inc. tends to prevail the overall sector, its presence is slightly misleading. This is because many of...
- Nonstore: E-Retailing Is the Channel to Watch. Gallo, Rob // Chain Store Age;Aug2004, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p40A
Discusses the market condition of the nonstore retailing industry in the U.S., as of August 2004. Sales growth posted by the sector in 2003; Reasons for the growth; Details of the Spiegel catalog of Spiegel Group; Importance of e-commerce on the television home-shopping sector; Forecast on the...
- Retail Sales Jump 0.6%; Ex-Autos Gain 0.4%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/15/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32733, p2
The article focuses on the data released by the Commerce Department of the U.S. on October 12, 2007. The report showed that retail sales have posted a 0.6 percent increase to $380.230 billion in September 2007. Excluding automobiles, retail sales have increased by 0.4 percent to $301.577...
- BRC: UK retail sales up 9.9%. Shields, Ronan // New Media Age (Online Edition);10/ 9/2012, p6
The article reports that Great Britain's online retail sales began to recover slightly last month from August's record-low. The trade body's monthly report claimed that while sales recovered from August's record-low, when the Olympics took Britain by hold, its recovery was slight. Meanwhile the...