FOMC's Sept 21 Meeting Saw More Tightening
- Implementing structural reform: a review of progress. // OECD Economic Surveys: Austria;Dec2001, p67
Highlights developments in Austria as of December 2001. Progress in labor market and education reform; General framework for economic competition policy; Liberalization of energy markets.
- DEVELOPMENTS IN INDIVIDUAL OECD COUNTRIES UNITED STATES. // OECD Economic Outlook;Dec2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 2, p67
Looks at the economic developments in the United States in 2004. Impact of energy price increases on economic expansion; Influence of declining household savings and real disposable income gains on consumption; Decline of core inflation; Improvement of government finances; Need to adjust tax and...
- Fed Hikes Rate a Quarter Point. Dow Jones // American Banker;8/11/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 154, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Reserve raised its short-term interest rate to 1.5 percent as of August 2004. Discussion of economic indicators such as the labor market and the rise in energy prices; Reaction of Wells Fargo & Company to the rise of interest rates.
- Profile of the Economy. // Treasury Bulletin;Sep2008, p3
The article offers information on the economic performance of the U.S. in September 2008. The economy has stayed on a path of slower growth since late 2007. The housing market has continued to fall, energy prices have increased to record highs and financial markets remained settled. Moreover,...
- 'GREEN-COLLAR' JOBS: EMPLOYMENT IMPACTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE POLICIES. Pearce, Alicia; Stilwell, Frank // Journal of Australian Political Economy;Dec2008, Issue 62, p120
This article examines the state of research and policy work on employment in the field of environmental protection in Australia. It assesses the likely areas of job growth and decline in the country and regional labor market implications. It also addresses problems with the conceptualization of...
- Ã‰tudes spÃ©ciales rÃ©cemment parues. // Canadian Economic Observer;Dec2006, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4.1
The article presents a list of articles published in the journal "Canadian Economic Observer." The articles include "The changing composition of the merchandise trade surplus" in the November, 2006 issue, "Emerging patterns in the labour market: a reversal from the 1990s" in the February, 2006...
- Boom and Bust? How About Steady and Stable? Poe, Bob // Alaska Business Monthly;Jan2007, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p50
The article analyzes the continuous employment growth in Anchorage, Alaska from 1999 to 2006. Business sectors that have experienced job growth include the health care sector, energy industries and the retail sector. One of the sectors that have not been growing in terms of overall job counts is...
- A PARADE OF PROFITABILITY. Clark, Kim // U.S. News & World Report;7/17/2006, Vol. 141 Issue 2, p50
The article reports that American companies are more profitable than ever. International demand for cheap American products is growing, as is productivity due to improvements in technology. Energy companies and consumer-oriented businesses are making up for loses in health care and...
- Labor Markets and Energy Prices. Moskow, Michael // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/15/2004, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p132
Presents a speech by Michael Moskow, president of the Federal Reserve Bank, delivered to WBBM/Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce in Chicago, Illinois on November 16, 2004. Observation on the U.S. economy in 2001; View on labor markets; Information on the energy prices.