Kentucky Counties Association Faces IRS Audit
- IRS, Pennsylvania Health Agency Settle. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/6/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31919, p4
Reports on the Northeastern Pennsylvania Hospital and Education Authority's closing agreement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to settle an audit of variable-rate demand revenue bonds issued in 1996 for the All-HEALTH pooled financing program. Protection of the tax-exempt status of...
- Altoona, Pa., Settles With IRS; Status of Water Bonds the Same. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32434, p6
The article reports that the Altoona City Authority in Pennsylvania made an agreement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service regarding an audit of water revenue refunding bonds worth $53 million. The status of the municipal bonds remain the same in spite of the settlement. The agreement provides...
- IRS Auditing Nevada Issuer's Refunding Bonds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bondbuyer.com;5/8/2015, p1
The Internal Revenue Service is auditing general obligation refunding bonds issued in 2006 by the Clark County School District in Nevada.
- Most Audited Hospitals Expected To Restructure Debt, Lawyers Say. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p1
Focuses on the result of the audit made by the Internal Revenue Service on nonprofit hospitals having acquisition-financing bond issues in the U.S. Chances for the hospital to restructure debt; Impact of the proposed regulations on acquisition finance debt on the hospitals; Increase deals...
- Florida Pool Under Audit. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/27/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31480, p1
Audits the bond issue sold to Orange County Health Facilities Authority by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in Florida. Disclosure of hospital bonds; Assessment hospital bonds by IRS; Violation on the separation of legislative and executive power.
- IRS Audits Cause Minor Market Ripple for Casino Bonds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p6
Reports on the audit of two deals sold by conduit issuers on behalf of Native American tribes for casino-related facilities by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Yield of the bonds; Sell of bonds being audit by Capital Trust Agency on behalf of Seminole Indian Tribe of Florida; Maturation of the...
- Another Solid-Waste Audit: IRS Examines $120 Million Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/5/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31112, p40
Reports on an audit conducted by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on the issue of solid-waste bonds by New York City Industrial Development Agency for a recycling facility. Details of the bonds issue; Reasons for conducting the audit.
- Louisiana Discloses IRS Audit of $650 Million of Refunding GOs. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;4/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33303, p5
The article reports that the state government disclosed audit information to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for its 650 million dollars worth of refunding general obligation (GO) securities sold in Louisiana in 2005.
- SEC attorney: IRS search for yield burning not always a material event. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;06/09/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30410, p3
Reports on the remarks by Mark Zhener of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that an issuer need not disclose Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audit looking for potential yield burning to investors. Zhener as speaker at `The Bond Buyer' periodical's Pacific Northwest Public Finance...