Arkansas Lawmakers Think Schools, But Not Charters
- Charters Stand Alone. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/24/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32203, p1
Reports that the Chandler Park Academy and the Detroit Community High School became the first two charter schools to issue tax-exempt bonds as stand alone credits in Detroit, Michigan. Use of the proceeds from the Chandler deal to buy a new building for the school; Net interest cost and total...
- Charter Schools: A New Option For Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, High Yield p16
Focuses on the benefits from charter schools in the United States. Reform of public schools; Opportunities for individual investor; Use of school bonds to finance charter schools.
- Arizona's pooled deal for schools. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/03/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30841, p1
Reports the pooled financing deal for charter school construction by the Industrial Development Authority in Maricopa County, Arizona. Benefits of the deal; Fundamental credit quality of each charter schools in the program; Inclusions of the Maricopa financing structure; Reliance on student...
- Permanent School Fund Guarantees Life School Bonds. // Ellis County Press;5/8/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article reports that Life School, a charter school which has campuses in Dallas and Ellis Counties, Texas, is getting support from the Permanent School Fund guarantee, a state-run program of money guaranteeing bonds sold by public schools.
- Bond issue to benefit Cd'A charter school. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);4/24/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 9, pA6
Reports on plans by the Coeur d'Alene Charter Academy in Idaho to use part of proceeds from a bond sale to refinance debt and to enlarge the school. Structure and pricing of the bond issue; Estimated cost of the expansion project.
- Historic Legislation Could Boost Colorado Charter School Issues. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31120, p1
Reports on the Colorado charter school's planned 3.8 million dollar revenue bond sale. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the sale.
- Charter Schools: A New Option For Education...and Investors. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31021, High Yield p4
Focuses on charter schools in the United States. Differences between laws that govern traditional school budgets and charter schools' finances; Risk of bonds for charter schools; History and purpose of charter schools.
- This week's question: Should the Richard Allen Institute for Green Technologies be given permission to finish the Capitol View Commerce Center building to se as a charter school? Why or why not? // Central Penn Business Journal;8/5/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p10
The article presents a question on the use of the Capitol View Commerce Center building as a charter school by the Richard Allen Institute for Green Technologies.
- Two N.J. School Districts Sell Bonds Backed by State's Secured Debt Program. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32086, p32
Reports on the visit of two New Jersey school districts in the primary market to drum up cash for school construction and to get a share of dwindling state dollars through a special school construction program. Cost of the school construction bonds sold by the Borough of Dumont Board of...