Lodging for Longhorns
- Maine Lawmakers Mull Borrowing Requests. Adams, Glenn // Community College Week;5/14/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p9
The article discusses the U.S. state of Maine considering the issuance of 400 million U.S. dollars worth of long-term bonds a year after deferring plans of any new borrowings, which will be used for state university and community college improvements, transportation projects, and land conservation.
- Parker University hires executive director of Parker Professional. // Chiropractic Economics;3/11/2014, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p12
No abstract available.
- Full-Circle Solutions. Hignite, Karla // Business Officer;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p41
An introduction is presented which discusses various reports within the section on topics including the expansion of academics to better serve the needs of the students, the solutions for students to gain credentials, and the practices adopted by institutions for the education of veterans.
- Easing the Transfer of Students from College to University Programs: How Can Learning Outcomes Help? Carter, Irene; Coyle, James; Leslie, Donald // Canadian Journal of Higher Education;2011, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p10
Increasingly, students are seeking transfer from college to university educational programs. This challenges universities to assess the effectiveness of transfer policies and also challenges colleges to prepare students for continued education. This paper reviews the various transfer procedures...
- Student decision-making: Insights from the college choice process. Bateman, Mark; Spruill, David // College Student Journal;Jun96, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p182
Identifies five components from college choice models that hold promise in helping college and university administrators in understanding and guiding students through their college experience. Unique view of the stages of college attendance; Proposal that new factors should be understood when...
- Resources. // National On-Campus Report;3/15/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p3
Presents a calendar of events of upcoming conferences related to college and university student development from April 15, 2004 to November 13, 2004.
- Validation of the Alcohol Expectancy Questionnaire (AEQ-A) for Peruvian University Students. Pérez-Aranibar, Cecilia Chau; Van den Broucke, Stephen; Fontaine, Johnny // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;Sep2005, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p63
The paper describes the adaptation of the Adolescent version of the Alcohol Expectancy Questionnaire (AEQ-A) for university students in Peru. 672 male and female university students enrolled in the first years at a private university in Peru completed the AEQ-A translated into Spanish. All 90...
- FACULTY ON THE FRONTLINE: PREDICTING FACULTY INTENTIONS TO ADDRESS COLLEGE STUDENT PLAGIARISM. Singh, Harmeet; Bennington, Ashley J. // Academy of Educational Leadership Journal;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p115
What are faculty beliefs about their role in addressing student plagiarism? This study was conducted to identify how the faculty at a doctoral/research university (DRU) saw their role in order to have a starting point for establishing a university-wide policy and set of procedures. The results...
- Second Chance for College. // Time;5/9/1960, Vol. 75 Issue 19, p66
The article reports on the readiness of College Admissions Center, Glenbrook High School in Illinois and College Admissions Assistance Center in New York for high school seniors who were not accepted by their chosen college in the May 1, 1960 enrollment. Both colleges connect with students they...