School Takeover Seen
- Houston is cleared of wrongdoing in hiring schools chief from board. Richardson, Joanna // Education Week;4/13/94, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p7
Reports on the ruling of the Houston, Texas district attorney's office that Roderick Paige and the Houston school district did not violate any law on the hiring of Paige as superintendent. Investigation by Texas Education Agency (TEA); Allegations made by Hispanic groups in the area; Pending...
- TEXAS U.S. OKs TEA's School Move. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;10/14/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32981, p9
The article reports that the Texas Education Agency's (TEA's) decision to install a new superintendent and board of managers to run the financially hurt North Forest Independent School District has been approved by the U.S. Justice Department. According to TEA, the attorney representing the...
- GISD scores higher than state average in most areas. RUSHIN, CHERRY // Graham Leader;1/13/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that according to Academic Excellence Indicator System report of Texas Education Agency on district performance for the 2011- 2012 school year, Independent School District of Graham, Young County, Texas has scored higher.
- Texas education agency pays routine visit to Dallas' beleaguered school district. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/02/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30283, p37
Reports on a visit by the Texas Education Agency to the scandal-ridden Dallas Independent School District. Attempt by the Agency to downplay the visit; Contents of a letter sent the school district by the agency; Reference to problems which are plaguing the district; Other related information.
- Texas buying cooperative adds 10 school districts. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p10
Reports that the purchasing cooperative initiative of the Texas Education Agency continued to expand by adding ten additional school districts. Comments from Sandy Sadler, director of child programs for the agency; Reason districts in the Rio Grande Valley are merging their menus; Number of...
- BCISD employees to be fingerprinted. Denney, Lorene // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);12/19/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 51, p1A
The article reports that the Texas Education Agency is required to get national background checks and fingerprints of new employees at the Burnet County Consolidated Independent School District under Senate Bill 9.
- BCISD selects interim leader. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/16/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 46, p1A
The article offers information on the new interim superintendent selected by Burnet Independent School District (BCISD).
- A look backover superintendent's first year. McBurnett, Keith // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);4/ 3/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 14, p7A
The article looks back on the first year of service of the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (BCSID) Superintendent, wherein he made several accomplishments including the implementation of an Elementary Counseling Program.
- Search for Rees' successor begins. RUSHIN, CHERRY // Graham Leader;11/20/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p1A
The article reports that the search for new superintendent to replace the current Superintendent Beau Rees for by Graham Independent School District (ISD) is on.