Flood Bonds OK'd
- Niagara Falls, N.Y., Readies $39M for Public Safety Complex. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/12/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32752, p8
The article reports that the city of Niagara Falls in New York is planning to sell $39.4 million of tax-exempt bonds to finance the construction of the Niagara Falls Public Safety Complex, which includes a new police station and a state-mandated new courthouse. According to the report, a...
- East Baton Rouge Eves $749M Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/14/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33549, p1
The article reports on the schedule of the votation on the proposed 748 million dollar capital improvement plan in East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana.
- Mesa, Ariz., Issuing $92 Million To Fund 2008 Capital Program. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32624, p3
The article reports on Mesa, Arizona's issuance of $92.2 million of bonds to fund its fiscal 2008 capital improvement program. The bonds include $65.6 million of utilities systems revenue bonds, $15.9 million of general obligations bonds, and $10.7 million of street and highway user revenue...
- Plano, Tex., Officials Hope Voters Will Approve $128 Million GO Referendum. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;
Reports that city officials in Plano, Texas are hoping that voters will approve a May 5, 2001 general obligation bond referendum that would provide funding for capital projects. Growth of the city's population; Capital projects included in the referendum.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p27
Presents new briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Southwestern States as of November 21, 2000. Pulaski County Special School District's request for a property tax increase; Bennington farmers and ranchers' opposition against the passage of a school bond issue.
- Texas' First Sale for '01: $58 Million for Harris County Complex. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Texas' first debt sale for 2001. Harris County's plan to sell permanent improvement refunding bonds and certificates of obligation on January 8, 2001; Lead manager and co-senior manager for the negotiated deal.
- Maryland County to Sell $31.3M in GOs to Fund Construction, Renovations. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p6
Reports on Harford County, Maryland's plan to sell general obligation bonds on January 9, 2000. Amount of bonds to be sold by the county; Purpose of the bonds.
- Connecticut Gets Commission's OK to Sell $675 Million of Debt. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p3
Reports on the Connecticut State Bond Commission's approval of the sale of new debt, and requests by various state agencies for allocations from general obligation bond proceeds. Amount released by the commission; Cumulative value of the requests submitted by the Connecticut University System.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Higginbotham, Stacey; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/29/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p37
Presents news briefs pertaining to municipal bonds and public finance in the Northeastern States as of January 29, 2001. District of Columbia's 2000 comprehensive annual financial report; Rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service to Bangor, Maine's general obligation bonds and bond...