Munis Continue to Adjust in Wake Of October Employment Report
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, November 8. // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p2
Presents a table depicting the performance of the municipal bond market as of November 8, 2004 in the U.S. Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; 30-day visible supply.
- Munis Lose Ground After Greenspan's Remarks; $1,2 Billion in New Loans. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31868, p2
Delves into the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of April 22, 2004 in the U.S. Amount of money gained in major new loans; Issue of inflationary pressures in the U.S. economy; Views of people regarding the economy in general.
- Municipals End Session Little Changed; Clark County Sells $361M Airport Deal. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/29/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31936, p2
Examines the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S., compiled as of July 29, 2004. New issue offerings; Improvement in treasuries due to weakness in stocks; Increase in orders; Ratings of notable bond sales.
- Munis Firm But Lag Taxables as Investors Wait for FOMC Meeting. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds on September 20, 2004 in the U.S. Weak performance of the market compared to the Treasury market; Decline in municipal bonds yield in previous weeks; Comments of several financial executives regarding the Federal Open Market Committee meeting.
- PIC: An Alternative Approach to Accepting Bids on Local and State Government Bonds: Comment. Hopewell, Michael H.; Kaufman, George G. // Financial Management (1972);Summer79, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p42
This article refutes the superiority of the present value interest cost (PIC) over the net interest cost and true interest cost (TIC) used by state and local governments in awarding their serials bonds as proposed by Professors Osteryoung, Braswell and Blevins. The authors also state that TIC...
- Municipals Unchanged as LIPA, Missouri, Rhode Island Sell Deals. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p2
There was moderate trading of municipal bonds while the Long Island Power Authority in New York, the Missouri Housing Development Commission, and the Rhode Island Refunding Bond Authority entered the new-issue market. Treasuries were mostly higher, gaining ground on weak economic data and the...
- The Bond Buyer Reports Rise in Weekly Yield Indexes on Inflation Fears. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32404, p44
The article reports on the status of bond yield indexes in the U.S., based on reports from the journal "Bond Buyer." Weekly yield indexes increased during June 12-16, 2006, as tax-exempts followed Treasuries higher on a report of rising consumer inflation. The municipal markets were also...
- Munis, Treasuries Show Little Response to Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. on August 3, 2006. Both the municipal bonds and Treasuries showed little reaction to economic data. Investors are still waiting for clues as to whether the Federal Open Market Committee will adjust monetary policy...
- California's $7.9B Deal Captivates Market; Munis End Session Weaker. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p2
Reports on developments concerning the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of May 6, 2004. Focus on the institutional pricing of California's economic recovery bonds (ERB); Treasury's announcement that it planned to sell three-, five- and 10-year notes; Ratings assigned to the California ERB;...