Illinois Budget Chief Says State May Halt New Capital Spending
- Fiscal Finagler. Greenblatt, Alan // Governing;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p19
Discusses approach used by Illinois budget director John Filan in streamlining and consolidating bureaucracy in the state. Background on a decline in the operational cost of the state government; Level of negotiations involved in the public sector; Argument against the legality of the approach...
- The Filan factor. Jaeger, Bethany // Illinois Issues;Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p34
The article announces that John Filan has been appointed as the executive director of the Illinois Finance Authority.
- Industrial Buying and the Divergence of Capital Budgeting Theory and Practice: An Exploration. Hatfield, Patricia; Hill, Donna; Horvath, Philip // Journal of Applied Business Research;Winter98/99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p37
Suggests that a stage-gate industrial buying model may provide an explanation for the divergence of capital budgeting theory and practice. Information on normative capital budgeting theory; Information on a model that incorporates the concept of buying psychology into the capital budgeting...
- Importance And Behavior of Capital Project Benefits Factors in Practice: Early Evidence. Horvath, Philip A.; Hatfield, Patty; Hill, Donna // Journal of Applied Business Research;Summer2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
We extend the capital budgeting literature by identifying capital project benefits factors and relating each factor's importance to firm and individual decision-maker factors. We find significant and consistent changes in importance of project benefits factors associated with decision-maker...
- County has CIP budget for next year. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/26/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p4
The article reports on the 2011 capital improvement projects (CIP) budget approved by the Kent County Finance Committee in Michigan, amounting to 3.28 million U.S. dollars, that will be included in the county's general spending plan to be adopted in November 2010.
- CN to invest C$1.9bn. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2013, Vol. 169 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the announcement by Canadian National (CN) on February 5, 2013 that it has allocated 1.9 billion Canadian dollars for its capital investment programme in 2013.
- The State They're In. Resnick, Amy B. // Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p30
Presents a chart on the U.S. state budget conditions as of April 2003.
- Seasons of Spending. Zelio, Judy // State Legislatures;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p68
Provides information on United States state budget. Components of state budget; Most notable change in spending priorities; Impact of computers on state budgets.
- Show me the money. Moyers, Gary // State Government News;Aug2002, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p11
Discusses the domination of budget-focused legislation passed by state legislatures in the U.S. in 2002. Total budget shortfalls as of June 2002; Factors which caused the budget problem of the states; Action taken by various states to offset budget shortfalls.