Responding to the needs of children with chronic health conditions in an era of health services reform
- Investing In Children's Health And Health Care. // Health Affairs;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p112
Focuses on the health and medical care needs of children in the U.S. Impact of increasing medical care cost on poor children; Government policies governing children medical care; Funds allocated for state-based health and education programs.
- Agreeing on Pediatric Trials Is No Child's Play. O'Donnell, Peter // Applied Clinical Trials;Jul2005, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p24
Focuses on the debate on the 2004 proposal from the European Commission for advancing the development of pediatric medicines. Measures in the draft European Union regulation; Position of the European Parliament's health committee on the proposal; Perspective of the European Federation of...
- Commentary. Newacheck, Paul // Maternal & Child Health Journal;Jun2005 Supplement, Vol. 9, p129
Comments on state level findings from the 2001 National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) in the United States. Problem with the health insurance coverage for children with elevated needs; Limitations in conducting state level analyses using the National Survey of CSHCN;...
- Simplifying Children's Medicaid And SCHIP. Kronebusch, Karl; Elbel, Brian // Health Affairs;May/Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p233
The states have implemented the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) in a variety of ways. We describe these choices and estimate the resulting enrollment impacts. Many widely adopted policies, including mail-in applications and twelve- month continuous eligibility, have had limited...
- Philosophy of Operation and Medical Policy of the Meeting Street School. Langdon, Margaret // Clinical Pediatrics;Jun1966, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p347
The article presents information related to the Rhode Island Easter Seal Society's project entitled "Meeting Street School." The article specifically refers to the philosophy and medical policy followed under this project which is running successfully for the last eighteen years. The center of...
- Pledging the health of the nation's children. Glasper, Alan; Horsley, Angela // British Journal of Nursing;6/25/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p646
The article discusses improving child health services and medical care for children and teenagers in Great Britain in order to assure quality, benefit the population, and reduce long-term pressure on the National Health Services. The author comments on child mortality rate, socioeconomic...
- Health care for children of immigrant families. // American Family Physician;11/1/1997, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p1894
Deals with policy statement addressing health care for children of immigrant families. Date the policy statement was published; List of problems encountered by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) regarding health care for children.
- Introduction: Children and Consent to Treatment. Taylor, James Stacey // HEC Forum;Dec2013, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p285
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses reports within the issue on topics related to children and medical care, particularly on the development of the moral agency of children.
- Assessing Capacity and Measuring Performance in Maternal and Child Health. Handler, Arden; Grason, Holly; Ruderman, Marjory; Issel, Michele; Turnock, Bernard // Maternal & Child Health Journal;Jun2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p115
Objectives : To understand the similarities, differences, and relationships between three tools for performance and capacity assessment currently available for Maternal and Child Health (MCH) programs and for state and local health agencies. Methods : Three tools for performance and capacity...