Medical gels and the risk of serious infection
- Get Smart with Syngene Gel Analysis System. // Bio-IT World;Jan2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p58
Evaluates the GeneGenius Super12 automated gel documentation analysis system from Syngene. Use of the system on several types of gel media; Key features; Purpose of the system for scientists.
- Reducing hand bacteria. // British Dental Journal;9/24/2005, Vol. 199 Issue 6, p375
Focuses on the alcohol waterless hand sanitizer Handiclean gel used for reduction of hand bacteria. Prevention of cross contamination; Availability of the product.
- FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF FLUCONAZOLE TOPICAL GEL. HELAL, DOAA A.; EL-RHMAN, DALIA ABD; ABDEL-HALIM, SALLY A.; EL-NABARAWI, MOHAMED A. // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;Dec2012 Supplement 5, Vol. 4, p176
Fluconazole is an imidazole derivative used for the treatment of local and systemic fungal infection. The oral use of fluconazole is not recommended as it has many side effects. The present study was designed to formulate and evaluate different formulae of topical gel containing fluconazole for...
- gels. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p265
This article provides information on gels, a colloidal formulation of a medicine that is convenient for topical application.
- Lypsyl Cold Sore Gel. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p343
This article presents information on the Lypsyl Cold Sore Gel which is a proprietary, non-prescription compound preparation of the local anaesthetic lidocaine hydrochloride, the antiseptic cetrimide and the astringent zinc sulphate. It can be used for the symptomatic relief of painful cold...
- Oruvail Gel. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p415
This article presents information on oruvail gel. Oruvail gel is a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of the non-narcotic analgesic and antirheumatic ketoprofen, which also has counter-irritant, or rubefacient, actions. It can be applied to the skin for symptomatic relief of underlying...
- PDLabs Introduces a New Non-Invasive Treatment for Plantar Fibromatosis. // Podiatry Management;Jun2005, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p244
Reports on the development of the Transdermal Verapamil gel for the non-invasive treatment of plantar fibromatosis by PDLabs. Effectiveness of the product to remodeling of the invading fibroma.
- BeneFit Wonderbod Jiggle Gel. // MarketWatch: Personal Care;August 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p9
The article evaluates the Benefit Wonderbod Jiggle Gel from Benefit Cosmetics. Jiggle Gel is one of four items in the new Wonderbod collection of skincare products launched under the Benefit brand name. This potent gel feels like an invisible girdle. With each application of this stimulating,...
- Reduction of Dental Decay in Rampant Caries Individuals Following Short-Term Kanamycin Treatment. LOESCHE, W. J.; BRADBURY, D. R.; WOOLFOLK, M. P. // Journal of Dental Research;Mar1977, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p254
A week of kanamycin gel treatment before and after the placement of dental restorations, compared to a placebo gel treatment, significantly reduced the levels of cultivable bacteria, S mutans and S sanguis, in the plaque samples collected immediately after the completion of the gel treatments,...