Gonorrhea treatment guidelines in Canada: 2004 update
- Recommended Treatment Schedules for Gonorrhea. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jun72, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p991
Offers ideas on treating gonorrhea, a type of sexually transmitted disease. Treatment of patients exposed to gonorrhea; Medicines prescribed for gonorrhea; Complications of the disease.
- CDC calls for gonorrhea treatment changes. Roehr, Bob // Bay Area Reporter;4/19/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p19
The article reports that the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has decided to change the nationwide guidelines for treating gonorrhea in response to the spread of drug-resistant forms of the disease. The CDC now recommends that all patients infected with gonorrhea be treated...
- Keeping up with venereal disease. DiPalma, Joseph R. // RN;Jan75, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p59
Focuses on the test and therapy for venereal diseases. Reasons for the increased cases of gonorrhea; Types of test for syphilis; Treatment and management of patients with gonorrhea.
- Gonorrhoea treatment position statement. Fifer, Helen; Hughes, Gwenda; Radcliffe, Keith // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Aug2015, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p307
The article focuses on the British Association of Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH) gonorrhea treatment guidelines, which was changed to ceftriaxone in combination with azithromycin as first-line therapy in 2011. The Gonococcal Resistance to Antimicrobials Surveillance Programme revealed that the...
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guidelines for the Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases: An Opportunity To Unify Clinical and Public Health Practice. Workowski, Kimberly A.; Levine, William C.; Wasserhelt, Judith N. // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/20/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 4, p255
Focuses on the guidelines set forth by the United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Discusses new recommendations from the 2002 CDC Guidelines for the Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases; Efforts to prevent HIV infection, improve...
- FRONTIERS IN PHSSR ABSTRACTS. Duggan, Kathleen; Allen, Peg; Brownson, Ross; Erwin, Paul C.; Fields, Robert; Reis, Rodrigo S.; Smith, Carson; Stamatakis, Katherine; Livingood, William C.; Bilello, Lori; Sorensen, Bonita; Rodriguez, Hector P.; McCullough, Jeffrey Mac; Hsuan, Charleen // American Journal of Public Health;Mar2015, Vol. 105 Issue 3, pe3
The article presents public health-related abstracts including the abstracts "What Influences the Use of Administrative Evidence-Based Practices in Local Health Departments?" by Kathleen Duggan, Peg Allen, and others, "Understanding Cost Variations in STD Service Delivery as State and Federal...
- A cure at last? Penicillin's unintended consequences on syphilis control, 1944-1964. Gelpi, Adriane; Tucker, Joseph D. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Feb2015, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p70
The article describes how the introduction of penicillin revolutionized venereology care in Great Britain from 1944 to 1964.
- Effectiveness of gentamicin for gonorrhoea treatment: systematic review and meta-analysis. Dowell, Deborah; Kirkcaldy, Robert D. // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Dec2012, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p589
Objectives The development of resistance to multiple antimicrobial agents has limited treatment options for gonorrhoea. The potential emergence of cephalosporin resistance in Neisseria gonorrhoeae and cephalosporin allergy in some patients make it necessary to evaluate the effectiveness of other...
- Gonococcal Infections, CDC's Updated Treatment. Elliott, William T. // Clinical Oncology Alert;Jun2007 Pharmacology Watch, p1
The article reports on the issuance of an updated treatment recommendations for gonococcal infections and associated conditions by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). The high level of resistance of gonorrhea to fluoroquinolones has prompted the CDC to issue such...