Physicians sue pharmacy chain for unfair competition
- Focus in '98 will be on service, store upgrades. Kyriakos, Tina // Drug Store News;4/27/98, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p220
Profiles The Jean Coutu Group, a drugstore chain based in Longueuil, Quebec. Sales performance in 1997; Plans for 1998; Average sales per square foot; Improvement of the look of its stores; Plans for the chain's cosmetics departments.
- Coutu acquires 8 pharmacies... // Drug Store News;9/23/96, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p6
Reports on The Jean Coutu Group's acquisition of eight pharmacies in Montreal and Laval from Maryland. Revenues of acquired stores.
- Milestone is reached by Jean Coutu Group. // Chain Drug Review;9/10/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the opening of Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc.'s 400th drug store in Montreal, Quebec.
- Chain Wins Plaudits From Customers. // Chain Drug Review;8/27/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p90
The article reports that Canadian drugstore chain Jean Coutu Group (PJC) Inc., has continued to score high marks by the investment community and appreciation from its customers.
- 1998 heralds record year for The Jean Coutu Group. Kyriakos, Tina // Drug Store News;4/26/99, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p235
Focuses on The Jean Coutu Group located in Longueuil, Quebec. Financial gains of the company in 1998; Details on the chain's `Pharmacy 2000' concept; Renovation projects of the company.
- Balancing new strategies with established markets. // Drug Store News;4/23/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p124
Provides information on the performance of Jean Coutu Group in Quebec as of April 2001. Sales of the company; Factors that contributed to the company's growth; Comments from Francois Jean Coutu, the company's president and chief operating officer; Information on its universal drug program.
- New DC, remodeled stores keep Coutu on cutting edge. // Drug Store News;10/20/97, Vol. 19 Issue 17, Canadian Chain Drug... p17
Looks back at the achievements of the chain drugstore Jean Coutu Group in 1997. Strong growth for the fiscal year ended May 1997; Acquisition of Uniprix early in 1997; Rollout of state-of-the-art distribution center; Unveiling of its `Pharmacy of the Future' prototype; Commitment to merchandise...
- Eckerd is key to Coutu U.S. expansion. // Drug Store News;11/3/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the plan of the drugstore chain Jean Coutu Group to acquire Eckerd Drug Co. in the U.S. Total number of stores of Coutu; Sales performance of Coutu; Number of units of Eckerd.
- Jean Coutu Earnings Rise 11.2%. // MMR;2/10/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on the rise in profits of the Canadian drugstore chain Jean Coutu Group Inc. Topics discussed include rise in merchandise fees and revenues and loss in sale of generic drugs, increase in operating income before depreciation and amortization and lower selling prices of drugs...