Medical schools accept tobacco dollars
- Kudos. // Orange County Business Journal;9/16/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p60
Reports on developments related to charitable organizations and business enterprises in Orange County, California, as of September 16, 2002. Good Neighbor Pharmacy's fund raising project for the High Hopes Head Injury Program; JBZ Architecture and Planning architecture Romeo Ty's after-school...
- Businesses give prizes for the Taste of the Trail. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 9, pB24
Reports that businesses in Wenatchee, Washington donated funds to the 2nd Annual Taste on the Trail event on August 16, 2000.
- Do you hear what I hear? Lee, Jack // Hudson Valley Business Journal;1/17/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p9
The article encourages companies to back a charity because they all face extreme challenges.
- Charity event: How one family gave away its golf course. Ennico, Cliff // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/21/2003, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p25A
Discusses aspects of donating a business to a charity via charitable remainder trust (CRT) in the U.S. Terms of the CRT arrangements; Benefits of CRT; Overview of the case involving Marilyn Greene, owner and operator of the Bridgeview Golf Course.
- BUSINESS. // Granite City Press-Record;5/16/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 20, pB3
The article presents news briefs related to business in Illinois including a donation given by GCS Federal Credit Union to the March of Dimes during the Madison County March for Babies walk and the OpSPOT Spay/Neuter clinic provided by the SNIP Alliance.
- GOOD DEEDS. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, pC24
Reports on the charitable activities of companies in Wenatchee, Washington, as of April 2000. State Farm Insurance's donation of rock and gravel to the Wenatchee Valley Senior Center; Donations made by local businesspeople for the renovation of Room 205 of the Bruce Hotel; State Farm Insurance...
- Self-help scheme to tackle decline. Harris, Robert // Farmers Weekly;11/15/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 20, p19
Provides information on Rural Revival, a scheme to boost self-help enterprises, launched by the Plunkett Foundation to tackle rural decline. Aid to be extended by Rural Revival to fledgling enterprises; Amount invested by the foundation to the initiative.
- GIVING. // Orange County Business Journal;5/17/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p11
The article announces several donations from different companies and people in California.
- A students' union earns charity status. // Accountancy;Jul1976, Vol. 87 Issue 995, p10
This article discusses the judgment on the case of London Hospital Medical College versus Inland Revenue Commissioners in Great Britain, concerning the charitable status of students' union. For the union to be charitable in law, it had to be shown that its existence was necessary for the...