Design salaries up across the board
- Director compensation poised for major change. Posnak, Diane D. // NACD Directorship;May2003, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p18
Offers a look at the trends in corporate board compensation in the U.S. in 2002. Average amount of board remuneration; Use of stock options for board compensation; Variation in pay packages; Coverage of compensation packages.
- Corporate governance and the information gap: The use of financial and non-financial information in executive compensation. Schiehll, Eduardo; Andre, Paul // Ivey Business Journal;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p1
Discusses the integration of financial and non-financial measures of performance in executive compensation. Information on traditional accounting and market-based performance measures; Correlation between the use of non-financial performance measures in the bonus of executives and the...
- EXPLAINING PAY WITHOUT PERFORMANCE: THE TOURNAMENT ALTERNATIVE. Anabtawi, Iman // Emory Law Journal;Fall2005, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p1557
The article discusses the shortcomings of the optimal contracting model of executive compensation in the U.S. In the optimal contracting model of executive compensation, boards of directors of corporations negotiate compensation arrangements with executives in a way that maximizes shareholder...
- Southern comfort. // Director (00123242);Nov95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p32
Compares the basic pay of directors, managers and clerks in several regions of Great Britain. Impact of cost of living factor on directors' remuneration; Regions where median basic pay is above the national average.
- Pay catch-up. // New Zealand Management;Aug2005, Vol. 52 Issue 7, Special Section p12
The article discusses the results of a survey of New Zealand organisations regarding governance recruitment and remuneration practices for corporate directors, as of August 2005. The top three ranking reasons for increased director workloads are presented. The survey provided information on...
- MON�Y FOR NOTHING? Hope, Katie // People Management;1/26/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p24
The article focuses on issues concerning executive pay in Great Britain as of January 2006. Results from the latest report on directors' pay from Incomes Data Services are provided. Advice from the National Association of Pension Funds for companies regarding the disclosure of their ratio of...
- The value of directors. Read, Ellen // New Zealand Management;Aug2007, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p89
In this article, the author takes a look the results of a 2007 survey on salaries of corporate directors in New Zealand. The author talked to Sheffield Director Sherry Maier about her findings. According to Maier, the pay gap between New Zealand and Australian directors is narrowing, but there...
- It's a juicy bonus. // Accountancy;Oct2005, Vol. 136 Issue 1346, p144
Reports on the research on the bonuses received by business executives in Great Britain. Percentage increase in executive salaries; Shares given by firms to directors; Average salary of directors.
- Survey shows starting pay down. // Design Week;11/3/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p3
The article discusses findings of the magazine's salary survey of executives in the design industry in Great Britain. The survey showed a decline in the salaries for senior appointments in design. The salary for a managing director in London, England has declined by more than 10 percent. The...