Arkansas governor's highway plan calls for $575 million in Garvees
- Muni Issuance sets July Record. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p1
Reports that the long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. has set a record with the largest amount of debt ever sold in July, as of August 1, 2003. Increase of 6.5 percent in the amount of debt sold over the previous July record; Growth of 36.7 percent in deals refunding outstanding bonds...
- As Institutional Ownership Dips in 1st Half, Households Pick Up the Slack. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;09/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30984, p7
Highlights the growth of household ownership of municipal bonds in the United States in the first half of 2000. Impact of the development on total outstanding municipal debt; Reduction of municipal-bond ownership by mutual funds and property and casualty insurers.
- Outstanding Muni Debt Soars to $1.6 Trillion, Boosting Holdings. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;06/13/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31159, p34
Reports the status of municipal debt in the United States. Effect of long-term debt issuance on municipal debt; Cause for the increase of municipal bonds; Implications for municipal holdings.
- New Issue Stay in Short Supply, But Ohio GOs May Carry Weight. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;03/20/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30852, p8
Reports on developments related to the municipal bond market in the United States as of March 20, 2000. Ohio's planned general obligation debt deal; Maryland Community Development Administration's planned bond deals.
- Record new-money volume set by municipals in 1997. Yong Lim; Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p1
Reports that municipal bond issuers in the United States have increased sales of new-money debt in 1997. Citing of the possibility that trend will continue in 1998; Long-term bonds; Growing demand for public works; Ongoing trend towards state and local control of public projects; Interest rates.
- After long haul, Palm Beach, Fla., voters OK agricultural reserve debt. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p4
Reports on the approval of Palm Beach, Florida voters for general obligation bonds to purchase and preserve agricultural land reserves. Selling of the bonds by negotiation; Plans of the county commission to choose dealers from a list of underwriters.
- Worldwide Market Turmoil Could Be a Boon for Illinois College Savings Bonds. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;10/12/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30497, p3
Reports that financial problems in different parts of the world offer municipal bond issuers in the United States the perfect timing to sell debts. Planned $125 million Illinois college savings bond issue; Comparison of stock market returns in 1997 and 1998.
- Chicago budget plan offers plenty of debt for improvements. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/15/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30500, p1
Reports that the city of Chicago, Illinois, plans to issue debt as part of the budget proposed by Mayor Richard M. Daley for the year 1999. Government projects to be financed by the bond issue; Creation of a strategic investment fund to be used in acquisition and improvement of business sites.
- Chicago's deals over 5 weeks should add up to over $800 million. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/22/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30315, p3
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' series of borrowings totaling $800 million. Sale of $85 million of equipment notes; Offering of $125 million of sales tax-backed revenue bonds; Offering of $240 million of short-term notes to be managed by Paine Webber Inc.