Arkansas governor's highway plan calls for $575 million in Garvees
- North Carolina. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p28
Reports that members of the Raleigh City Council in North Carolina voted to begin preparing a $45 million road bond referendum for May 5, 1997. Annual spendings on road construction.
- A changed market for N.Y. thruway issue. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p2
Reports on municipal bond market conditions for the New York State Thruway Authority's new-money and refunding bonds set on September 3, 1997.
- Prospects brighten for Garvee issuance in Colorado. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;03/11/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30596, p4
Reports on the prospects for the preliminary approval for the Colorado state government to sell and issue grant anticipation revenue debt for highways. Opposition to the plan by some state senators; Plans of proponents to push for legislation requiring a referendum on the revenue debt.
- Florida County May Resort to Tax-Backed Bonds for Road Project. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p3
Reports on the pending decision by commissioners in Polk County, Florida on whether or not they will sell a revenue bond issue to finance a road expansion program. Rejection by voters of a sales tax allowing the project to proceed; Source of debt service from a public-service tax on gross...
- West Virginia Set for Highway GO Issue; 3d in $550 Million Package. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p29
Reports on West Virginia's plan to sell general obligation highway bonds by negotiation on June 20, 2000. Value of the transaction; Underwriter and co-managers of the deal.
- Massachusetts goes for the Gans, again; officials see no reason to tinker. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30521, p32
Features the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' floatation of $321.4 million of federal highway grant participation notes. Uses of the proceeds of and security for the municipal bonds; Assessment of the bonds by various credit rating agencies; Structure of the issue.
- Utah adjusts GO plan to help repair roads for 2002 Olympics. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;07/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30190, p28
Reports that state officials in Utah has advanced the sale schedule of $205 million of general obligation bonds on August 5, 1997. Planned used of funds generated from the sale to finance road improvement in the state; State government's launching of its first commercial paper program.
- Muni Issuance sets July Record. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p1
Reports that the long-term municipal bond market in the U.S. has set a record with the largest amount of debt ever sold in July, as of August 1, 2003. Increase of 6.5 percent in the amount of debt sold over the previous July record; Growth of 36.7 percent in deals refunding outstanding bonds...
- As Institutional Ownership Dips in 1st Half, Households Pick Up the Slack. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;09/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30984, p7
Highlights the growth of household ownership of municipal bonds in the United States in the first half of 2000. Impact of the development on total outstanding municipal debt; Reduction of municipal-bond ownership by mutual funds and property and casualty insurers.