The elite eight: Chicago's North Shore suburbs stay triple-A
- Neighboring Chicago Suburbs Prepare Bond Deal To Lower Pension Costs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p5
Reports on the preparation of two Chicago suburbs to issue taxable bonds in Illinois. Utilization of the proceeds to pay unfunded pension liabilities; Terms of the transaction; Approval of the bond ordinance by the village and pension fund boards.
- Denver suburbs plan toll debt to step up road construction. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/14/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30558, p5
Discusses the plans of suburb communities in Denver, Colorado to speed up road construction in the area by using toll bonds to complete an outer loop. Initiative made by two groups to continue the E-470 loop through Denver's northern suburbs; Reasons for completing the highway construction.
- Nassau, Fairfax Counties Price as Munis Hold Steady. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/27/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34450, p1
The municipal bond market's $5.42 billion new issue slate has been kicked-started Tuesday by the competitive sale from a Virginia issuer and a negotiated deal out of a New York City suburb.
- Chicago Suburb Struggles with Troubled Stadium Debt. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/14/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
The Chicago suburb of Bridgeview is restructuring $2 million of TIF bonds -- and attaching its general obligation pledge to the debt -- to help ease a massive debt tied to a troubled soccer stadium.
- Illinois Park District Dropped to Junk. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/4/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34302, p1
Moody's Investors Service has stripped a suburban Chicago suburban park district of its investment grade rating due to concerns it will default on near term debt service payments.
- Detroit to Sell Part of Sewer System to New Authority. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;12/19/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33027, p6
The article reports on the development of a pair of suburbs in Detroit, Michigan to form a new bond-issuing authority to sell part of the region's sewer system to new authority. City officials hope that the regional agreement would help secure up to $4 billion in federal infrastructure stimulus...
- Retail Demand Thrives Amid Debate over Direct Ownership or Mutual Funds. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/4/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34205, p1
Despite the recent numbers, municipal experts said demand continues to be heavy for municipal bonds -- both for direct ownership and through mutual funds.
- Chicago Suburb Placed on Creditwatch for Lack of Financial Disclosure. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34360, p1
Markham, Ill., faces a possible further downgrade of its junk-rated debt unless it releases updated financial information by Aug. 24, Standard & Poor's said Monday.
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.