Wisconsin readies year's first 2 deals: Nearly $200 million of GOs and COPs
- Merced to Raise Rates, Refund COPs. Finestone, Deborah; Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/25/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31064, p1
Reports on plans by the Merced, California, Irrigation District to raise rates and refund almost $49 million in certificates of participation by selling new bonds with longer maturities as part of a plan to restructure its finances and cover losses incurred in 2000. Negative impact of the...
- Transit COPs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p25
Reports on the multi-million sales of certificates of participation for transit project to ease traffic congestion in Charlotte, North Carolina. Usage of the proceeds to build transit maintenance facilities for trolley and buses; Security of the debt by installment payments by the city to the...
- Municipal bond CBOs arrive in full force, bankers see promise. DG/IFR // Asset Securitization Report;9/10/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 35, p6
Reports the growth prospect of municipal bond-backed securities in the United States. Amounts of municipal debt wanted by investors to move off the balance sheet; Prevalence of municipal bond in several bank portfolios; Total amount of the series of certificates issued by Charter MAC.
- Denver RTD COPs point to policy shift. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;12/02/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30779, p1
Reports that the finance committee of Denver, Colorado's Regional Transportation District has recommended the agency's full board of directors authorize a competitive sale of an upcoming certificates of participation (COP) deal. Shift from efforts to hire a new underwriting team; Political...
- Bond calls & redemptions. // Bond Buyer;11/23/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30774, p28
Presents information on municipal bond calls and redemptions in the United States, as of November 23, 1999. Includes certificates of participation from Ohio; Adjustable rate economic development revenue bonds from the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Urban Redevelopment Authority.
- Illinois Readies $1B of GO Certificates. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/13/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33114, p1
The article reports on the plan of Illinois to take bid on$1 billion of general obligation certificates. Two tranches are included in the note deal. According to the offering statement, the proceeds of the certificates will be used to supplement revenues during fiscal 2009 to relieve general...
- Market Close: Regional Transportation District of Colorado Priced With Attractive Yields. Bonello, Maria; Flynn, Hillary // Bond Buyer;6/6/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F322, p1
The article reports that the Regional Transportation District of Colorado has attracted investors with a sale of 429.6 million dollars of certificates of participation in June 2014. It states that yields varied from 2.85 percent with a five percent coupon in 2023 to a 4.50 percent coupon in 2044...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;6/9/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34122, p1
The article lists negotiated sales of General Obligation Warrants, General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Certificates of Participation and 2014 Special Tax Bonds in several U.S. states including California, Alabama and Arizona, as of June 2014.
- Colorado Finally Going to Market With $118 Million COP Sale for New Prison. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32314, p28
The article reports on the sale of 118 million dollars worth of certificates of participation in Colorado. The proceeds of the sale will be used for a new maximum security prison and to finance new medical school facilities. U.S. Bank will be the trustee for the certificates while RBC Capital...