Lindsey to leave SEC
- SEC Chairman Draws Criticism Over Job Pitch for Subordinate. Byrne, John A. // Traders Magazine;Jun99, Vol. 12 Issue 153, p18
Criticizes Richard Lindsey, former United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) official, over how Arthur Levitt helped him a private sector job. Information on the matter; Damaging publicity for Lindsey.
- Lindsey Hire. // Traders Magazine;Feb99, Vol. 12 Issue 148, p6
Reports that Richard Colby, deputy director of market regulation at the United States Securities and Exchange Commission is likely to succeed Richard Lindsey as the top enforcer of the agency. Reason of Lindsey for stepping down; Other candidates for the position.
- SEC you later. Abernathy, Donna J. // Training & Development;Oct98, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p65
Reports on United States Securities and Exchange Commission market regulation director Richard R. Lindsey's plan to close down brokerages that are not ready for the Year 2000 computing crisis.
- SEC's Lindsey on regulation in the new age of technology. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;07/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30190, p4
Interviews Richard Lindsey, the director of the Securities & Exchange Commission's division of market regulation, on the concept release issued by the commission on May 23, 1997 which is designed to rethink regulation of financial markets in light of technology advancements. Over-the-counter...
- Alabama Aims to Spruce Up Low-Rated 529. Gottlieb, Jenna // American Banker;2/11/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 29, p9
Discusses a bill introduced by two Alabama state legislators, Rep. Richard Lindsey and Sen. Zeb Little, that would promote a 529 college savings plan by exempting some withdrawals from taxation. View of deputy state treasurer, Anthony Leigh, on the Alabama Higher Education 529 Fund; Details of...
- The Securities And Exchange Commission. // Congressional Digest;Mar1989, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p70
Presents excerpts from `The Work of the SEC' (Securities and Exchange Commission). Composition; Division of Corporation Finance; Division of Market Regulation; Division of Investment Management and Enforcement.
- Federal Securities And Merger Laws. // Congressional Digest;Mar1989, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p68
Presents excerpts from the US Securities and Exchange Commission's 1988 publication `The Work of the SEC.' Considers laws from 1933 to 1988 which regulate the securities market and corporate mergers.
- SEC proposal for abbreviated financial statements put on... // CPA Journal;Dec95, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p11
Reports on reactions to Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) proposal for abbreviated financial statements. Details of proposal; Examination of reactions; Background information on SEC; Views from officials.
- The SEC's Annual Report to Congress. Coffey, William J.; Illiano, Gary // CPA Journal;Dec95, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p42
Presents information on the 1994 annual report of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to Congress. Brief history on SEC; Contact points for SEC's 1994 Annual Report to Congress; Information on report. INSET: SEC proposed rules for use of abbreviated financial statements...