Consumer confidence index rose in January
- Consumers hold steady, as outlook brightens. // Home Textiles Today;7/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p17
Reports on the level of consumer confidence in the U.S. Optimism of the consumers; Improvement of the employment outlook; Increase in the number of available jobs in the country.
- It's not easy being average. Kacapyr, Elia // American Demographics;Sep97, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p32
Presents the American Demographics Index of Well-Being. Percent change in consumer confidence 1995-1996; Percent change in per-capita disposable income in 1995-1996; 1997 employment rate.
- CHARTING THE ECONOMY. // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;1/31/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p3
Provides a graphical representation of the economic conditions in Las Vegas Valley, Nevada from January 2001 to January 2005. Consumer confidence level; Employment rate; Number of passengers who arrived at McCarran International Airports.
- NUMBERS SHEET. // CRN;2/12/2007, Issue 1229, p66
The article focuses on economic indicators in the United States as of February 2007. The Consumer Confidence Index in January rose to a higher level than the same month in 2006. About 152,000 additional people were hired in January 2007. The Employment Cost Index for all private industry workers...
- CONSUMER CONFIDENCE INDEX DECREASES IN JULY. // CardLine;7/31/2009, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p10
The article offers information on the Consumer Confidence Index in the U.S. decreasing in July 2009 for the second consecutive month after improving greatly in May 2009. From 49.3 in June 2009, the July index stands at 46.6. Lynn Franco, director of The Conference Board Consumer Research Center,...
- Unemployment. // Kids Today;Apr2007, p63
The article highlights developments on the unemployment rate in the U.S. The unemployment rate in February 2007 was 4.5%, which essentially unchanged from January 2007. Rate of jobless has remained within a narrow range, 4.4% to 4.6%, since September 2006. Accordingly, watching changes in...
- BUSINESS HIGHLIGHTS. // South Dakota Business Review;Sep2003, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p2
Presents information on several economic indicators in South Dakota and the U.S. in 2003. Employment and unemployment rate; Growth in the total personal income; Vehicle registration in South Dakota; Information on the consumer confidence percentage in the U.S. from August to September 2003.
- Israeli instability erodes private sector spending. // Market: Africa/Mid-East;Apr/May2003, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the impact of the economic instability in Israel on consumer confidence among the nation's households and businesses in 2003. Forecast on household demand for goods and services; Effect of the continued rise in unemployment on orders for high-end goods and services; Prediction on the...
- Peru: A New Era of Opportunities. Gillespie, Bruce // Export Wise;Summer2008, p16
The article examines the economic conditions of Peru. As one of the stronger economies in Latin America, the country is a market with significant opportunities for Canadian companies, specifically in light of the signed Canada-Peru Trade Agreement. The country offers a playing field that is...