Florida Gov. Bush keeps Watkins in post
- BEN WATKINS. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/29/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p5A
The article offers information on the perspective of Ben Watkins, director of Florida Division of Bond Finance, on Build America Bonds in Florida. Previously, he was one of those who criticized BAB, believing that the taxable debt structure did not fit into the tax-exempt mold, but he later...
- Florida Cat Fund's $1.5B Deal Gets Go-Ahead. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/1/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32393, p1
The article reports that the Florida Cabinet has approved the issuance of 1.5 billion dollars in revenue bonds by the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Finance Corp. to pay for the property reinsurance losses incurred in 2005. The tax-exempt bonds will be structured with maturities from 2008 to...
- FLORIDA Cabinet OKs $1.5B of Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/19/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33220, p9
The article reports on the authorization given by Florida's Division of Bond Finance to Florida Housing Finance Corp. to sell the 900 million dollars of revenue bonds in 2009. It states that the sale of the bonds will fund below-market-rate mortgages for low-moderate and middle-income...
- Liking the Bond Market, Florida Keeps 'Pounding Them Out'. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p3
Focuses on the issue of bonds by the state of Florida's Division of Bond Finance in 2002. Amount of the bond issue; Bond issues by Florida in 2001; Name of the bond counsel for the issue.
- Florida Bond Agency Set to Issue $400 Million for Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/7/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31444, p4
Reports the preparation of the Division of Bond Finance to sell public education capital outlay bonds on behalf of the Board of Education in Florida. Construction of schools across the state; Disclosure of the sale date; Maturity of the 2000 Series C bonds.
- FLORIDA: Watkins Cites Big Savings. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/11/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p31
The article focuses on the bond issuances and activities of Florida for 2006. The Florida Cabinet, which served as the governing board of the Division of Bond Finance, had authorized 166 debt issues worth about $24 billion. According to reports, the state has improved from second-highest of the...
- Web watch. Richtmyer, Richard; Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;07/01/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30426, p58
Spotlights the web sites of Florida's Division of Bond Finance and Wisconsin's Capital Finance Office. Florida officials' plan to make information about its bond programs easily available to the investor community; Wisconsin officials' recognition of the value of the Internet as a means of...
- FLORIDA: Cabinet OKs $683M Issue. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/2/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33377, p9
The article reports on the approval received by the Florida Division of Bond Finance to sell 683 million U.S. dollars of refunding bonds from the state's elected Cabinet.
- Arnold Greenfield. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p5
Presents an obituary for Arnold Greenfield, former director of Florida's Division of Bond Finance and former managing director of Lehman Brothers' Southeast public finance team, who died in August 2004. Academic and career background; Role in the establishment of the Division of Bond Finance;...