Proposed Senate bills expand munis for schools and cities
- Indiana legislature contemplates bill merging six state bonding agencies. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on the legislation in Indiana's Senate which would consolidate six state bonding authorities into the Indiana Finance Authority. Features of the bill; Total worth of outstanding bond debt by the state; List of Indiana state agencies' bond sales from 1980-1998.
- Municipal bond and state local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p6
Reports on updates regarding municipal bond and state and local finance legislation in various states in the United States. Includes electricity restructuring in Colorado; Private-use bond restrictions on municipal utilities in Alaska; Securities litigation reform in Texas.
- Washington Governor Signs New Public Funds Bill Into Law. // Credit Union Times;3/24/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the industry-sponsored bill inked by Washington State Governor Chris Gregoire unveiling municipal bond deposits of local and state agencies to 70 Washington Credit Unions in 2010.
- Bond bill looks doomed. // Crain's New York Business;7/5/93, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the introduction in the state Legislature of a bill that would force New York City to market the bulk of its bonds through competitive bidding. Sponsorship by Queens Assemblyman Alan G. Hevesi; Opposition by the Republican-controlled Senate.
- Steel Mill Bonds Backed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/2/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33887, p7
The article reports that Arkansas legislative leaders said they support a bill authorizing 125 million dollars of state general obligation bonds to subsidize a steel mill project.
- Legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;10/27/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30260, p4
Presents an update of legislative action on municipal bonds in the United States as of October 27, 1997. Congressional approval to establish empowerment zones with liberalized rules; Legislation raising the per-state private-activity bond volume cap per resident per year.
- Kentucky bond lawyers, municipalities concerned with private-activity bill. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;01/30/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30321, p55
Reports on the concerns of bond lawyers and municipalities in Kentucky about a proposed legislation to change the system of determining private-activity bond allocations in the state. Potential impact of the proposal on the state economy; Benefits of the bill to state agencies that sell housing...
- California, Washington State bond proposals reach 11th hour. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30341, p3
Focuses on proposed municipal bond measures in Washington State and California. Deadline for Washington legislators to pass a bond-financed transportation improvements package; State Treasurer Michael Murphy's concerns about the impact of legislative package on the state's healthy credit...
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;05/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30390, p6
Presents a roundup of key legislative proposals affecting municipal bonds in the United States as of May 11, 1998. Includes a proposal to extend the pro rata disallowance of tax-exempt interest expense to all financial firms; Expansion of the Qualified Zone Academy Bond program to allow an...