- Return-Wise, Munis Beat Expectations. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31793, p1
Reports on the weak performance of the municipal bond market during 2003 in the U.S. Factors contributed to the weak performance of the market; Comparison on the annual total return between 2002 and 2003; Maintenance in the increase of interest rate.
- Munis Finish Weaker, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32946, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal securities in the U.S. bond market. The market was slightly weaker at two basis points. The Treasury market showed some losses as the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note, which opened at 3.80%, finished at 3.83%. The yield on the...
- Munis Slightly Firmer After Weak Data. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/8/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32956, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal market in the U.S. as of September 8, 2008. The market was slightly firmer after the August non-farm payrolls data came in weaker than expected. Traders indicated that tax-exempt yields were lower by two or three basis points. The Treasury...
- Munis Unchanged as Prices Stabilize; Buyers Wait for FOMC Meeting Effects. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p2
Highlights the activities in the municipal bond market in the United States on November 9, 2004. Rate of return on municipal bonds; Performance of the secondary market; Notes auctioned by the U.S. Treasury Department; Performance of selected municipal bonds.
- Munis Mixed, a 'Bit Heavier' and 'Spotty'. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/20/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32944, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal securities in the U.S. bond market. The municipal Treasury market was mixed with a $6.4 billion competitive note sale from Texas. Traders said tax-exempt yields are posting some gains but, some losses were also seen. The yield on the benchmark...
- Munis Unchanged to Firmer Despite Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/22/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32884, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal market in the U.S. The market was slightly firmer despite Treasury market losses and the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note which opened at 3.77%, finished at 3.82%. The yield on the two-year note was quoted at 2.42% near the end...
- Munis Weaken as Traders Take Breather After Busy Week. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;2/16/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34460, p1
Top quality municipal bonds were weaker in early activity on Friday, traders said, with yields on some maturities strengthening by as much as one basis point.
- Munis Little Changed Despite Economic Data. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p2
The article analyzes the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. The municipal and Treasury markets showed little change despite economic data. Treasury market remained near its opening levels. The 10-year note yield declined by one basis point to 4.58%. The core price index for...
- Southeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Nov. 2, 2004. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p31
Presents data on plain/insured municipal bond yield curves in the Southeast for November 2, 2004.