Deflated: Anaheim Angels Ditch Goodyear, Ariz., for Tempe Facility
- With Progress on Miami Ballpark Slow, Marlins Look to Las Vegas. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32028, p35
Reports on the plan of the Florida Marlins baseball team to move the proposed stadium project to Las Vegas, Nevada. Impetus of the move; Problems with the finance plan; Contribution of the team to the project.
- Cubs Play Bond-Boosters. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/31/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33375, p7
The article reports on the plans of Chicago Cubs to conduct a financial campaign to build a new athletic complex known as Wrigleyville West to keep the team's spring training operations in Mesa, Arizona.
- Minneapolis renews efforts to build new stadium for Twins. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/11/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30660, p7
Reports on the agreement between Minneapolis and Hennepin County, Minnesota, that include a countywide sales tax to help finance a stadium for the Minnesota Twins baseball team and other sports facilities in Minneapolis. Estimates on the revenue which may be generated from the sales tax; Other...
- Milwaukee plans to borrow funds to cover its share of Brewers stadium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/16/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30521, p44
Reports that the city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin will borrow about $6 million to pay part of its $18 million bill for infrastructure at the new Brewers' ballpark. Borrowing authorized in the 1999 budget; Issuance of general obligation bonds; Payee for Milwaukee Brewers baseball team's $15-million...
- Miami-Dade Manager Supports Bond-Funded Ballpark Proposal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p3
Reports on the support of county manager George Burgess on the proposed ballpark for the Florida Marlins baseball team in Miami-Dade County, Florida. Finance plan for the construction of the sports facility; Recommendation of Burgess to increase the county's tourist tax contribution; Amount...
- Miami Ballpark Gets Nod. Sigo, Shell // Bond Buyer;3/25/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33086, p1
The article reports on the approval of the Miami-Dade County commissioners on the plan to construct a big bond-finance baseball stadium for the Florida Marlins in Florida. The 9-to-4 vote sanctioning the deal to build the baseball stadium came after nine hours of debate and public testimony...
- Licensed to sit. Modoono, Bill // Executive Report;May96, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p3
Discusses the effectiveness of the Personal Seat Licenses (PSL) program for supporting particular baseball teams including Pittsburgh Pirates. Finances for maintaining sports stadium; Privileges from purchasing PSL.
- Tacoma, Wash., Voting on $45M In Bonds for Dome's Renovation. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;9/20/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32221, p28
Reports on the ballot measure initiated whether voters will authorize the sale of new-money general obligation bonds to renovate the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington. Schedule of pricing the bonds if approved by voters; Number of votes needed to consider the vote valid; Upgrade plans for the...
- Newark Council Moves a Step Closer to Arena for N.J. Devils. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p3
Reports that members of the Newark, New Jersey municipal council have voted 6 to 3 to allow the city housing agency to securitize lease payments. Use of the proceeds for construction of a proposed arena for the New Jersey Devils National Hockey League team; Plans to use $12.5 million in lease...