Alabama Lawmakers Weigh Repeal of Sales Tax Earmarked for School Bonds
- Alabama governor says faith drives tax reform. Smietana, Bob // National Catholic Reporter;8/01/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 35, p10
Reports on the tax reform proposed by Governor Bob Riley in Alabama. Provisions of the proposal; Role of the Catholic Church in getting the proposed tax reform approved; Capacity of the proposal to fill the state's financial deficits. INSET: Related Web Sites.
- Alabama's Republican Governor Threatens Veto of Legislature's Tax-Hike Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p30
Reports on the plan of Alabama Governor Bob Riley to veto a legislation on tax hike plan. Proposed tax increases.
- Legislature OK's Budget. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p33
Reports on the approval of Governor Bob Riley to the education budget bill and the general fund budget bill in Alabama.
- ALABAMA. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;3/1/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p6
The article offers news briefs on sales and use tax in Alabama as of March 1, 2008. The Department of Revenue has subjected to sales tax the use of carbon dioxide in processing chicken. The state ruled that carbon dioxide did not meet the ingredient and component standards for exemption. Tim...
- ANTI-TAX CRY: CRUSH THE HERETIC! Jacobson, Louis // National Journal;9/6/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p2722
Reports on the opposition to the $1.2 billion tax-and-spending plan proposed by Alabama Governor Bob Riley in 2003. Budget deficit posted by the state; Allotment for the tax plan; Interests that support the opposition to the plan; Position of conservatives on the plan; Comments on the...
- Alabama Governor Signs Budget, Eyes Special Session for Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32191, p4
Announces the approval of Alabama Governor Bob Riley of the 2006 state general fund budget. Plan of Riley to consider a special session to ask legislators to approve a bond bill for school construction and to consider measures to relieve prison overcrowding in the state; Allocation of budget for...
- Alabama Governor Wants Special Session Accountability. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p32
Reports on the priority of Alabama Governor Bob Riley in restoring public trust. Presentation of a balanced spending plan in 2005; State budget; Shortfall on Medicaid program.
- Stadium Shorted. Sigo, Selly // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p27
The article reports that Alabama Governor Bob Riley has said that the state could not afford the US$75 million of financial help to fund construction of a US$498 million stadium and entertainment complex in Jefferson County, Alabama.
- 'Jesus tax' plan dies. Hansen, Collin // Christianity Today;Nov2003, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p25
Talks about the proposal of Alabama Governor Bob Riley to increase taxes in the state. Reaction of voters to the proposal; Type of economy to be faced by Christians according to a debate surrounding the vote; Effect of the proposal of Governor Riley on churches and Christian organizations. ...