Munis Unchanged as Prices Stabilize; Buyers Wait for FOMC Meeting Effects
- Municipal Bonds Strengthen Ahead of Tuesday's Action. WEITZMAN, AARON // Bond Buyer;12/20/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34631, p2
The article informs that final read of Municipal Market Data (MMD)'s triple-A scale has revealed that top-shelf municipal bonds continued to yo-yo, as they reversed again and finished stronger on December 20, 2016. It is noted that the yield on the 10-year benchmark muni general obligation was...
- Southeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Nov. 2, 2004. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p31
Presents data on plain/insured municipal bond yield curves in the Southeast for November 2, 2004.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p1
Presents graphs showing the rate of return on municipal bonds in the United States as of November 10, 2004.
- Muni Prices Unchanged Ahead of New Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;3/23/2015, p23
The article reports on the prices of top-rated U.S. municipal bonds at mid-session as of March 23, 2015. Topics discussed include the cessation of yields' downward trends since the March 2015 meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee, yields on the ten-year benchmark municipal general...
- Muni Market Awaits More Volume. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34348, p1
Municipal bond market traders will be awaiting the second wave of new supply on Wednesday, as large deals from New York, Florida and Hawaii and are slated to come to market.
- Muni Yields Rise Again; Analysts Say ' Patience' is Warranted. BARNETT, CHIP; WEITZMAN, AARON // Bond Buyer;11/23/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34617, p2
The article informs that top quality municipal bonds finished weaker on November 22, 2016 as traders kept a wary eye on muni yields, which have increased by as much as 64 basis points since Election Day and by 115 basis points since July's all-time lows. According to BlackRock's Peter Hayes,...
- Munis Little Changed Despite Economic Data. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;4/3/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32352, p2
The article analyzes the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. The municipal and Treasury markets showed little change despite economic data. Treasury market remained near its opening levels. The 10-year note yield declined by one basis point to 4.58%. The core price index for...
- Munis Finish Weaker, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32946, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal securities in the U.S. bond market. The market was slightly weaker at two basis points. The Treasury market showed some losses as the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note, which opened at 3.80%, finished at 3.83%. The yield on the...
- Munis Slightly Firmer After Weak Data. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/8/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32956, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal market in the U.S. as of September 8, 2008. The market was slightly firmer after the August non-farm payrolls data came in weaker than expected. Traders indicated that tax-exempt yields were lower by two or three basis points. The Treasury...