Wholesale Sales, Inventories Rise
- Wholesale Sales Drop 0.3%, Inventories Up 1.4% in July. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32958, p2
The article reports on the 1.4% increase in inventories in July 2008, despite the 0.3% decline in wholesale sales in the U.S. A survey reveals that the inventories for merchant wholesalers increased to $441.3 billion, following a revised 0.9% increase to $435.1 billion in June 2008. It was found...
- Wholesale Sales Up 1.0%; Inventories Gain 1.3%. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;1/11/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p2
The article provides updates on the wholesale industry in the U.S. as of November 2006. Inventories of merchant wholesalers grew by 1.3% and sales of merchant wholesalers rose 1.0% during the month. It was observed that the rise in inventories and sales were the largest since August and June,...
- STATISTICS. // Finance Week;2/21/2005, p94
The article presents economic information related to South Africa. Fourth quarter gross domestic product growth was 4% compared with 5,7% for the third quarter of last year, and 3,1% for the final quarter of 2003, Real annual growth for 2004 was 3,7% following a 2,8% increase in 2003. Statistics...
- Business sales and inventories--manufacturing and trade. // Economic Indicators;Nov95, p20
Presents a tabulation of business sales and inventories in manufacturing and trade in the United States from 1984 to October 1995. Period; Wholesale; Retail; Inventory-sales ratio.
- Second consecutive decline in wholesale sales. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;1/30/2004, p2
Reports on the decline of wholesale sales in Canada for the second consecutive month in November 2003. Impact of the falling sales in the apparel and dry good sector; Wholesale sales during the first 11 months of 2003; Price declines in the automotive sector and the computer and electronic...
- Wholesale inventories rise. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/18/2013, pA02
Sept. wholesale stockpiles rose 0.4%, in line with expectations, while Aug.'s gain was revised up to 0.8%. Sales rose in tandem with inventories. Heavy restocking propelled Q3 GDP higher than expected. The latest data suggest Q3 GDP growth may be revised higher.
- Wholesale Sales Up As Inventories Fall. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p2
Reports that wholesale sales in the United States increased while retail inventories declined in January 2001, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce. Comparison of January 2001 figures with that of December 2000; Inventories-sales ratio for merchant wholesalers during the given time period.
- Wholesale Sales, Inventories Rise. // Bond Buyer;2/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31818, p2
Reports that inventories of merchant wholesalers in the U.S. rose to their highest level in more than two years. Growth of inventories of durable goods in December; Rise in the inventories of non-durable goods in November.
- Estimated monthly sales and inventories for manufacturers, retailers and merchant wholesalers. Carter // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Oct99, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p6
Presents a chart showing estimated monthly sales and inventories for manufacturers, retailers and merchant wholesalers in the United States for two months in 1998 and 1999.