Underwriters Mostly Courting Institutions for Long-Term Deals
- As U.S. Deficit Mounts, Treasury-Muni Relationship Stabilizes. Smith, Aaron T.; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;5/7/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31630, p6
The U.S. federal government is heading for a massive budget deficit, according to economists. As the rally in Treasury yields has disabled in the face of destined issuance, municipal bond yields have continued to decrease â€” reverting to more traditional levels relative to Treasuries. The...
- Municipals Sell Off Modestly in February Amid Record Issuance. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32088, p7
Reports on the sell of municipal bonds due to plentiful demand from institutional investors in the U.S. Statement of Philip Fischer, municipal bond strategist at Merrill Lynch & Co. regarding the price of the municipal bonds sell; Inconsistency of large portion of muni bonds and pay coupons;...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Fall Across the Board as long End Rallies. Johnson, Mathew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32050, p6
The article reports that all of "The Bond Buyer's," weekly yield indexes fell as the long end of the municipal bond market rallied to catch up with the Treasury market as of January 14, 2005. While the yield curve is still relatively steep in the municipal market, it has flattened in U.S....
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32924, p21
Several charts are presented depicting bond performance in the U.S. including market indicators, municipal market data general obligation yields and Merrill Lynch & Co. corporate bond indexes.
- Merrill Hires Credit Research Generalist. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p28
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. has hired Philip Villaluz, former vice president at Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as a generalist in its municipal bond credit research group.
- New Issues Dominate, Treasuries Gain; Merrill Reprices $2B LAUSD Offering. Chesla, Nicholas; Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;2/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31576, p2
Presents an update on the performance of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of February 20, 2003. Performance of government securities; Repricing of yields by Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.; Bonds issued by Bear, Stearns & Co.
- Merrill's Downgrades Affecting TOBs. Hanson, Matthew; Posner, Maythew // Bond Buyer;10/30/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32744, p1
The article reports on the impact of the downgrades of Merrill Lynch & Co.'s corporate credit on the municipal bond market in the U.S. According to the author, some industry executives believe that the downgrades to the corporate credit of the company have negatively affected tender-option bonds...
- California Helps Boosts Regional Issuance Over 23% From 2006. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/15/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32817, p8
The article reports on several bond issuers who have sold almost $90.8 billion of municipal bonds in the U.S. Citigroup Inc. topped the Far West underwriting chart, credited with almost $14.3 billion in volume, ahead of Merrill Lynch & Co. with $12.6 billion. Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP...
- Merrill: Some Airline Bonds Enjoying a Performance Boost. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/20/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32470, p7
The article reports on the positive ratings of some airline-related municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. in September 2006, in reference to the data of financial service company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. The report by Merrill cited bonds sold on behalf of American Airlines Inc. and...