FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- Memphis Competitively Selling $125 Million of General Improvement Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p6
Reports that Memphis, Tennessee will sell general improvement bonds. Bond rating; Budget problems of the city; Bond maturities.
- S&P Goes Negative on Texas City After Wyoming Yanks Prisoners. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34220, p4
The article reports that Standard and Poor's placed its BB rating for Littlefield, Texas on negative Credit Watch after Wyoming opted to move prisoners out of a detention center owned by Littlefield. This will affect the outstanding debt from $9.9 million of Series 2001 refunding certificates of...
- Delaware's Lamest County Selling $80M of GOs. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31994, p4
Reports on the plans of New Castle County, Delaware to sell up its general obligation bonds. Projects financed by the bonds proceeds; Ratings to the county's general obligation bonds; Performance of the region's financial services.
- Aiming for Fairness Between Muni and Corporate Ratings. Cohen, Natalie R. // Bond Buyer;5/20/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33118, p20
In this article, the author outlines the four key areas on the municipal bond market that are discussed during the hearings of the House Financial Services Committee in the U.S. The author states that the two proposals aimed at restoring municipal government are access to reasonably priced...
- MUNICIPAL RANKINC. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/11/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 27, p50
Presents charts depicting the ranking of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of July 2005.
- Steel City's BBB Deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's general obligation municipal bonds received a BBB credit rating from Fitch Ratings. The rating and an outlook of "stable" also apply to outstanding general obligation debt of $766 million. Fitch cited the city's improved finances due to...
- ARIZONA: Preserve Agency Gets Boost. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32513, p35
The article reports on the upgrade of Scottsdale Preserve Authority's outstanding Series 1998, 2001 and 2004 bonds to AA from AA-minus by Fitch Ratings Inc. The bonds are special obligations of the Arizona agency and are payable from installment payments from Scottsdale. Proceeds from the bonds...
- SOUTH CAROLINA: Spartanburg Water Boost. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p9
The article highlights the decision of Standard & Poor's to upgrade some of Spartanburg, South Carolina's water system revenue bonds to AA-minus from A-plus. The city prepared a $82 million bond deal that was expected to price on January 17, 2007. The upgrade reflected the continued economic...
- Vermont and New Hampshire Gear Up for Bond Bank Deals. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31908, p3
Reports on the plan of Vermont Municipal Bond Bank and New Hampshire Municipal Bond Bank to sell bonds as part of routine borrowings on behalf of local governments. Use of the funds for public improvement, highway, and conservation projects; Rating of the bonds by rating agencies; Maturation of...