Despite Rating Risk, Lincoln, Neb., Selling Water Revenue Debt
- Portsmouth Looking Stable. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p31
The article reports on Fitch Ratings' decision to assign an AA-minus rating to Portsmouth, Virginia's sale of general obligation refunding bonds and notes. The rating agency has also revised the city's rating outlook to stable from negative and has affirmed its rating on $247 million in...
- Local Ban Plan. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31888, p33
Reports on the sale of multimillion bond anticipation notes by the Local Development Authority for the state's loan program for local governments in Tennessee. Financial adviser and bond counsel of the sale; Rating for the bond.
- Three California Issuers, Atlanta Should Have Takers. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p6
Reports on the sale of municipal bonds in the U.S. Promotion of auction-rate bonds by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Bond prices; Rating of the state debt.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p31
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 22, 2004. Signature campaign launched by a group opposed to the Indianapolis School District's plan to issue $200 million of bonds; Standard & Poor's upgrade of its bond rating for Wayne County, Michigan; Moody's...
- Lack of Funds May Mean Default for 1981 Kansas City Housing Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32437, p6
The article reports on the possible default for $4.9 million outstanding from $39.03 million of floating-rate single-family mortgage revenue bonds issued in June 1981 by Wyandotte County/Kansas City Unified Government because of insufficient funds. Standard & Poor's has lowered its ratings on...
- Week Ends Mostly Flat in Quiet Session. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33076, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds for the week ending March 6, 2009 in New York. Traders said that municipals finished largely flat and that tax-exempt yields were better by up to a basis point on the long end, weaker by up to a basis point on the shorter end and...
- A2 on Heritage Trust. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32432, p31
The article reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to assign an A2 rating to an upcoming $20 million deal being sold by the Trustees of the South Carolina Heritage Trust. The proceeds of the deal will be used to purchase land for the trust. According to analyst Maria Coritsidis, the...
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;7/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32433, p35
The article presents the changes in the ratings of selected municipal bonds in the United States as of July 28, 2006. They include the ABAG Finance Authority for Nonprofit Corporations, California's revenue bonds, Anchorage, Alaska's general obligation bonds, and the Connecticut Health and...
- Battle Creek, Mich., Finishes Sale to Help Lure Kellogg's Keebler. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p7
Reports on the sale of taxable refunding bonds by the city of Battle Creek, Michigan. Change in state tax increment financing laws to restructure the city's debt; Reduction of the debt service payment; Level of net value savings.