Indexes Rise Across the Board in Wake of Employment Report
- Municipals Weaken, Yields Rise As Eyes Shift From Rita to Fed Hikes. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32226, p2
Reports on the economic indicators causing the weak performance of municipal bond market in the U.S. Rise in yields as investors refocused their attention on continuous rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Rise on federal funds rate; Cutting of offerings before new deals hit the market.
- Muni Bond Indexes Weaken Again for Week Ended April 30. Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;5/1/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F317, p1
The article reports that there is four basis point increase in the weekly average yield to maturity of the Bond Buyer Municipal Bond Index to 4.30 percent for the week ended April 30, 2015 from 4.26 percent from the previous week. There is 10 basis points increase in the Bond Buyer's 20-Bond GO...
- The Bond Buyer Indexes. // Bond Buyer;11/7/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32999, p6
Several charts are presented which depicts the Bond Buyer Indexes, including 20-bond index, revenue bond index, and municipal bond index yield to maturity.
- Municipals and Treasuries Weaken After FOMC Hikes Funds Rate to 1.50%. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p2
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. Detection of a weakened municipal bonds; Impact of the move of the Federal Reserve Board to raise the federal funds rate on the movement of the bonds; Increase in the second quarter productivity.
- Munis Stay With It Despite Treasury Sell-Off. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/19/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33520, p2
The article reports on the failure of the sell-off in U.S. government securities to stop municipal bonds from holding steady or grinding higher which would allow tax-exempts to outperform. The demand for tax-exempts was strong but other maturities were steady and the five-year municipal bond...
- PLAIN/INSURED GO YIELD CURVES FOR NOV. 14,2005. // Bond Buyer;11/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32260, p33
Presents a chart depicting plain and insured general obligation yield curves by state in the U.S.
- All Indexes Increase, as One-Year Notes Take Record Climb. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32821, p29
The article reports on the increase in weekly yield indexes as the one-year note index rose to 2.09% from 1.02% or 107 basis points in the U.S. The 10-year Treasury note yield declined 9 basis points to 3.7%, but remained above its 3.75% level from two weeks ago. The weekly average yield to...
- Munis Follow Treasuries Higher; Fed Raises Rates 25 Basis Points. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p2
Reports on the move of municipal bonds to raise its lending rate after the U.S. Federal Reserve Board raised its target. Expectation for the Federal Reserve Board to maintain a very gradual approach regarding inflation; Decline in the yield of Treasury notes; Interest of value buyers in the...
- Munis Unchanged in Data-Free Session. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32624, p2
The article reports on the issues concerning developments of the U.S. municipal market. According to the report, the Treasury market has showed little movement on May 7, 2007, and the yield on ten-year Treasury notes, which opened at 4.46%, finished at 4.63%. After raising the federal funds rate...