Georgia, Tennessee Both Cite 5%-Plus Revenue Growth in October
- IOWA: Budget Out of Balance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/10/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33129, p9
The article reports on the budget shortfall of Iowa. The state has faced a $90 million deficit in its current budget due to declining revenue collections that dropped 12% in May 2009 and are down 4.5% for the year so far. Ohio will need to take additional steps to end the fiscal year June 30,...
- Revenue Record. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32174, p31
Reports on Georgia's triple-A rating for the fiscal year of 2005. Total revenue collections, which ended June 30; Positive overall trend of collections; Factors attributed to the increase in tax collections during fiscal 2005.
- GEORGIA: '07 Keeps on Beating '06. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/15/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32568, p9
The article provides updates on the revenue collections of triple-A rated Georgia for January 2007. According to reports, the collection for the month were up to 10.2% compared to January 2006. The Department of Revenue announced that revenues totaled roughly $1.98 billion compared to $1.8...
- Tennessee's Fiscal '05 Revenue Is $261 Million More Than Forecast. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p5
Reports on the growth of Tennessee's revenue for fiscal 2005. Indication that the once triple-A rated state is recovering from the economic downturn; Tennessee's plan to issue general obligation bonds in October 2005; Plans to use the proceeds from the deal to take out commercial paper; Failure...
- TENNESSEE: Revenue Under Estimate. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/25/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32741, p9
The article reports that revenue collections for September 2007 were above collections for the previous year of the same month, but slightly less than the budgeted estimate in Tennessee. The overall revenues were $1.1 billion, representing 8.86% over collections for the same period. The general...
- FLORIDA: Revenues Take It on the Chin. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/26/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32907, p9
The article discusses the Florida Office of Economic and Demographic Research's report showing that state revenues are below projections. The state's general revenue collections for May 2008 were $123.1 million under the estimated adopted by the general revenue estimating conference. The total...
- Revenues Disappoint. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p31
Focuses on the less revenues compared to the budgeted estimates set by the State Funding Board of Tennessee. Total collections for August 2004; Decrease in sales tax collections.
- Surge in Union Government Revenues. RAJAKUMAR, J. DENNIS; KRISHNASWAMY, R. // Economic & Political Weekly;12/12/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 50, p82
The tax revenues of the union government have surged in the fi rst half of 2015-16, growing much faster than budgeted. Indirect taxes led the rate of growth of tax revenue collections, while direct tax collections grew less than expected. Though higher revenue is welcome, indirect taxes are...
- Nonrecurring Revenue. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31856, p33
Reports on better-than-expected general fund revenue collections in March 2004 announced by Pennsylvania's Department of Revenue. Increase in revenue collection for one-year period; Secretary of Revenue Gregory Fajt's attribution of the increase to nonrecurring revenues.