MEAG Extends Contracts to Improve Debt Positioning
- Tennessee Valley Authority: Bond Ratings Based on Ties to the Federal Government and Other Nonfinancial Factors: GAO-01-540. Calbom, Linda M. // GAO Reports;4/30/2001, p1
Although the criteria used to rate the bonds of the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) and other electric utilities are the same, they are weighted differently and, as a result, the basis for TVA's bond rating is more nonfinancial in nature than that for other electric utilities. According to bond...
- Power sell-off gains momentum. // Accountancy;Mar1995, Vol. 115 Issue 1219, p76
The article advises individual investors on the British government's second offer of shares in the electricity producers National Power and PowerGen. The offering period ends on March 1, 1995. People who registered in advance will get a discount. The minimum investment in the retail tender is...
- Rating Analysts Stress Risk Management in Power Deals. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p4
Focuses on the potential risks faced by municipal electric utilities upon entering into power and gas contracts in the U.S. Update of the risk management policies of companies; Liability of swaps; Citation of strength of public power over private utilities.
- Experts' advice: Dow what you do best and outsource the rest. Turner, David; Funk Jr., Peter V.K. // Electrical World;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 213 Issue 5, p45
Presents thoughts and insights offered by panelists at the Electric Power 99 conference in Baltimore, on the advantages, barriers and legal and cultural ramifications of outsourcing functions within the virtual realm. Evolving utility outsourcing; Taking advantage of the Internet; Pinpointing...
- CONTRACTS. // International Power Generation;Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p8
Reports on construction and renovation contracts in the electric utility industry as of June 2000. Inclusion of AEP Pro Serv's construction of a simple cycle gas-fired plant for Columbia Electric Corp. in West Virginia; Contracts won by Lurgi Energie und Entsorgung to refurbish power plants in...
- FAME ENERGY OFFERS EUROPEAN ELECTRICITY MARKET DATA. // Worldwide Energy;Jan2001, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the agreement signed by the company FAME Energy with companies Dow Jones, Earth Satellite Corp. and Nordpool to distribute their European electricity market data.
- Recent power industry contracts. // Modern Power Systems;Sep2002, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p7
Presents several power industry contracts as of September 2002. Construction of a dam by Aecon Group for Hydro-Quebec on the Toulnustouc river in Quebec; Terms of contract deal; Deals between Lurgi Lentjes and utility Gaz de France; Contract of the National Grid Co with Parsons Brinckerhoff for...
- `Stop complaining,' utility spokesman tells contractors. MAHONEY, THOMAS A. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/15/99, Vol. 206 Issue 11, p3
Discusses the comments of an electric utility spokesman regarding complaints of contractors about alleged unfair competition by non-regulated utility affiliates. Reaction to the lobbying efforts by contractors to curtail utility entry into non-regulated activities; Terms used by contractors...
- LIPA Puts Grid Contract Up For Bid. // Energy Daily;6/4/2010, Issue 105, p5
The article reports on the statement issued by the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) that it seeks bids from contractors to operate, maintain and expand its transmission and distribution system following the expiration of its existing service contract with National Grid in 2013.