St. Louis County Board Rejects Pleas for Ballpark Ballot
- Voters in Two Texas School Districts Approve Nearly $200M in Borrowing. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32279, p29
The article focuses on the approval of the general obligation bond questions by the voters in the Comal Independent School District near San Antonio, Texas on December 13, 2005. This is the largest debt authorization in the Texas district's history. The authority plans to use the proceeds from...
- Grady County, Okla., May Pay Jail Debt Service With Surplus. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32123, p37
Reports on the plan of the local government of Grady County, Oklahoma to use its surplus cash for debt service payment on the revenue bonds that financed the four-story jail in Chickasha. Amount associated with the jail debt; Provision of the state law allowing a sinking-fund money to be...
- Refinancing could be double amount considered. Marquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;5/3/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 17, p6
The article offers information regarding the Dedicated Sales Tax Fund (DSTF) which is a key to $5 billion public debt refinancing in Puerto Rico. If adequately structured, DSTF bond issue could potentially get an A rating or higher from credit rating services, substantially reducing the debt and...
- Oklahoma Turnpike Dealing To Help Veer From VR Debt. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;9/27/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33589, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority (OTA) to sell its 521.7-million-dollar revenue funding bonds to lessen its exposure to the changes of the variable-rate (VR) debt and its debt service costs. The profit from the offering would be used to repay 321 million dollars...
- Pennsylvania CCRC Gets Stable Outlook From S&P. // Bond Buyer;5/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32386, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has revised its outlook for the outstanding Series 1999 bonds issued by the Higher Education and Health Authority in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The bonds issued for Foulkeways at Gwynedd were also given a BBB rating on the debt....
- Venezuela: Investors Aware Of Long-Term Risks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/20/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p15
This article assesses the ability of the Venezuelan government to service its debt in 2011.
- SCOPE & MANAGEMENT OF THE PUBLIC DEBT. // Congressional Digest;Apr67, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p105
Focuses on the scope and management of the U.S. public debt as of 1968. Debt management; Distribution of the public debt; Statutory debt ceiling.
- Activists want to do to lease debt what they did to taxes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p14A
Focuses on activists' attack on California's use of lease-backed bonds. Plan to sponsor initiatives in San Diego and statewide to force voter approval of all forms of state and local debt; Lease revenue bonds in California; Rise of lease debt.
- Oklahoma Reduces Its Debt Amid Spate of Refundings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p36
Discusses tax-supported debt and refunding bonds issued by the state of Oklahoma to take advantage of interest rates in the U.S. Inclusions in the tax-supported debt; Billion dollar increase in revenue bond issuance in the state; Significance of paying off tax-supported debt.