Municipals Continue Downward As FOMC Raises Target Fund Rate
- Long-Term Volume Hits $96.6B, Setting New First-Quarter Record. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/1/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32102, p1
The article reports that long-term municipal bonds hit $96.6 billion in 3,093 issues setting new first-quarter record. The expectations of higher rate increases convinced issuers to refund their bonds. A significant percentage of the total increase in the first quarter of 2005 came from...
- Municipals and Treasuries Weaken After FOMC Hikes Funds Rate to 1.50%. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/11/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31945, p2
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. Detection of a weakened municipal bonds; Impact of the move of the Federal Reserve Board to raise the federal funds rate on the movement of the bonds; Increase in the second quarter productivity.
- Indexes Rise Across the Board in Wake of Employment Report. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;11/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32009, p30
Reports on the increase in the yield indexes for municipal bonds in the U.S. for the week ended November 11, 2004. Traders' assessment of market activity; Effect of the increase in federal funds rate on trading; Weekly average yield to maturity of municipal bonds.
- Municipals Weaken, Yields Rise As Eyes Shift From Rita to Fed Hikes. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/27/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32226, p2
Reports on the economic indicators causing the weak performance of municipal bond market in the U.S. Rise in yields as investors refocused their attention on continuous rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Rise on federal funds rate; Cutting of offerings before new deals hit the market.
- Municipal Prices Finish Up Strong; Merrill Wins $225M Ohio GO Deal. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30854, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States as of March 2000. Growth of the municipal bond market; Increase in federal funds rate; Percentage gains of high-grade intermediate bonds; Summary of the secondary dollar bond trading; Worth of noncallable Ohio general...
- Munis Unchanged in Data-Free Session. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32624, p2
The article reports on the issues concerning developments of the U.S. municipal market. According to the report, the Treasury market has showed little movement on May 7, 2007, and the yield on ten-year Treasury notes, which opened at 4.46%, finished at 4.63%. After raising the federal funds rate...
- Munis Follow Treasuries Higher; Fed Raises Rates 25 Basis Points. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p2
Reports on the move of municipal bonds to raise its lending rate after the U.S. Federal Reserve Board raised its target. Expectation for the Federal Reserve Board to maintain a very gradual approach regarding inflation; Decline in the yield of Treasury notes; Interest of value buyers in the...
- Munis Weaker as Fed Reserve Cuts Rate. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/31/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32806, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market after the U.S. Federal Reserve Board opted to cut the federal funds rate target 50 basis points to 3%. According to Alan Levenson, chief economist at T. Rowe Price Associates Inc., the agency has taken the proper course of...
- Munis Finish Firm Following FOMC's Final Federal Funds Rate Hike of '04. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/15/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32030, p2
No abstract available.