- INTERNATIONAL STATISTICS. // Economic Indicators;Apr2004, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p35
Presents graphs and charts on the international trade activities of the U.S. for the fourth quarter of 2003. Industrial production and consumer prices at major industrial countries; Growth of goods deficit; Decline of claims on foreigners.
- Foreign trade and the U.S. economy. Hervey, Jack L. // Chicago Fed Letter;Mar1995, Issue 91, p1
Explores the role international trade plays in the economy of the United States. Desirability of open markets; Multilateral trade agreements between the U.S. and other countries; Sustainability of U.S. competitiveness in world markets; Trade deficits; Srtimulative impact of expanding foreign...
- Adjusted estimates of United States-China bilateral trade balances: 1995-2002. Fung, K. C.; Lau, Lawrence J. // Journal of Asian Economics;Jun2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p489
In a series of papers (Fung & Lau, 1996, 1998, 2001), we have argued that neither the U.S. nor the Chinese bilateral trade balance data are accurate. In this paper, we utilize the most up-to-date information and provide more accurate estimates. The adjustments include f.a.s.-f.o.b, and...
- International statistics. // Economic Indicators;Aug95, p35
Presents charts and graphs on the United States (U.S.) international trade for August of 1995. Industrial production and consumer prices of major industrial countries; Merchandise trade deficit; U.S. international trade in goods and services.
- PARTIALLY MADE IN CHINA. Taninecz, George // Industry Week/IW;Oct2004, Vol. 253 Issue 10, p31
Highlights the impact of Chinese manufacturers on the trade imbalance between China and the U.S. based on the findings of the IndustryWeek/Manufacturing Performance Institute 2004 Census of Manufacturers. Percentage of the surveyed manufacturing plants that source components and materials from...
- US-China Trade in Context. Britton, Erik; Mark, Christoper T. // China Business Review;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p44
Analyzes the state of the bilateral trade between the U.S. and China in 2006. Reconciliation of U.S.-China trade data; Chinese exports to the U.S.; Illustration of U.S. goods trade deficit.
- The truth on trade. Mazorra, Marty // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/10/2004, Issue 323294, p7
Assesses indicators used to determine U.S. trade deficit. Methods of measuring foreign trade activity; Extent to which U.S. multinationals rely on their foreign operations to sell goods and services; Calculation of trade deficit with the addition of sales by foreign affiliates of U.S....
- Feb. trade deficit up to $19.4 billion. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;04/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30624, p2
Announces the growth of the United States trade deficit to a record $19.4 billion in February 1999.
- Trade with Japan. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar1994, p17
Reports on the United States' trade and current-account deficits with Japan. Current account as a share of gross domestic product; Relative economic growth and trade balance with Japan; Merchandise trade balance with selected nations in 1993; Real yen/dollar exchange rate and trade balance with...