Colorado Gov. Recommends Tobacco Debt
- D.C. Council Undivided in Support of Tobacco Securitization. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p4
Reports on the plan of the District of Columbia to enact legislation to sell bonds in order to securitize its share of the national tobacco settlement. Size of the bond issue; Implementation of the bond proposals.
- Tobacco Deal Yanked. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/25/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31003, p1
Reports on the bond issue of Contra Costa County, California backed by tobacco settlement securitizations. Expected yields of the bonds; Negative arbitrage that will be received by the bonds.
- Rating agencies' varied views on tobacco create great debate. Beer, Kieran // Bond Buyer;07/19/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30685, p31
Comments on the reactions of the participants of The Bond Buyer's Tobacco Settlement Conference in Washington D.C. on June 29-30, 1999 on the asset securitization of tobacco bonds. Debate on the proceeds of the Master Settlement Agreement (MSA); Projects to issue bonds backed by settlement...
- Whither tobacco cash? Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;03/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30842, p1
Reports that bond issuers are trying to determine what approach to take in treating tobacco-related financing in the United States. Underwriting firms' suggestions on how to access settlement proceeds and financing methods that may help capture the value of future inflows; Debate between...
- Oregon Tobacco ABS Deal Faces Uphill Battle. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;07/12/99, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p1
Reports that Morgan Stanley Dean Witter is preparing to launch a securitization of national tobacco settlement funds for the state of Oregon in 1999. Value of the bond offering; Problems that could endanger settlement payments; Information on tobacco settlement securitization.
- Tobacco-lawyer ABS just the start of cigarette spoils boom. O'Leary, Chris // Asset Securitization Report;1/22/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 3, pN.PAG
Reports that a soon-to-price bond deal securitizing the spoils from lawyers that won the landmark 1998 tobacco legal settlement should inaugurate a multi-billion issuance boom of tobacco-related deals in the U.S. in 2001. First-ever taxable bond offering to emerge from the legal settlement...
- Tobacco Takes Center Stage; $1.36B N.Y.C. Sale Leads the Pack. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p7
The article reports on the performance of the tobacco industry in the United States. The performance was affected by narrowing spreads and signs of credit strengthening. There is no negative news about tobacco bonds so the sector is viewed as stable. According to Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc., the...
- Colorado Teasurer Floats 2nd Tobacco Bond Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p4
Reports on Colorado Treasurer Mike Coffman's efforts to drum up legislative support for a tobacco settlement revenue bond plan. Use of proceeds from the tobacco securitization; Legislative measure introduced to allow the state to issue tobacco bonds.
- Illinois Exhales After Tobacco Deal. Seymour, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/3/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 44, p9
The article reports on the success of the tobacco securitization deal between Illinois' Railsplitter Tobacco Settlement Authority and Citigroup Inc. and Barclays Capital Inc. It explains that despite the fall of the tobacco sector, Illinois was able to gain buyers due to the conservative...