- Second-Lien Sewers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31935, p27
Focuses on second-lien wastewater revenue bonds issued by the city of Chicago, Illinois. Ratings received by the bond issue from Standard and Poor's; Details of the bond issue; Ratings issued by Fitch Ratings and Moody's Investors Service.
- Budget Chief: Connecticut Shortfall $121M. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;4/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34296, p1
Connecticut's projected general fund deficit is $121.2 million, nearly $12 million better than last month, said budget director Benjamin Barnes.
- Moody's Paints Pretty Picture of Connecticut's Economic Landscape. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;05/31/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31150, p43
Highlights the results of a report issued by Moody's Investors Service which shows that the number of high quality credit ratings on municipalities in Connecticut continue to outpace that of municipalities nationwide. Positive outlook for Connecticut's economic landscape; Moody's ratings for...
- S&P Goes Negative on Texas City After Wyoming Yanks Prisoners. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34220, p4
The article reports that Standard and Poor's placed its BB rating for Littlefield, Texas on negative Credit Watch after Wyoming opted to move prisoners out of a detention center owned by Littlefield. This will affect the outstanding debt from $9.9 million of Series 2001 refunding certificates of...
- Atwater's Water Boost. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;11/4/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32253, p35
Reports on the upgrade of Atwater, California's rating for sewer and water refunding bonds by credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- Hospital's $206M Deal Set. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p33
The article reports on the approval of William Beaumont Hospital's (WBH) bid to issue bonds in March 2006 to fund the expansion of its two hospitals in Troy and Royal Oak, Michigan. The Sterling Heights City Council give the final approval allowing the two-hospital WBH system to go forward with...
- Louisiana Bond Commission Gives the Green Light to More Than $500M of Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31889, p34
Reports on the Louisiana State Bond Commission's approval of bond requests, including a debt for the Jefferson Parish Council's hospital district. Total amount of the bond requests; J.P. Morgan Securities' selection as underwriter; Becknell & Tomeny and The Godfrey Firm's appointment as co-bond...
- Positively Albany. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that credit rating agency Standard & Poor's raised its credit outlook on the Albany city government of N.Y. from positive to stable. The improvement is attributed to the city's economic development and public investment. Albany will sell taxable and tax-exempt general...
- Steel City's BBB Deal. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;5/8/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32376, p37
This article reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania's general obligation municipal bonds received a BBB credit rating from Fitch Ratings. The rating and an outlook of "stable" also apply to outstanding general obligation debt of $766 million. Fitch cited the city's improved finances due to...