Illinois Officials Meet to Discuss Regional Transit
- Albany's acts of bondage. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p9
Focuses on a transportation bond act proposed by the New York State Legislature to help pay for improvements to the state's roads, bridges, and mass transit systems. Decline in road and bridge maintenance; Outcome of the two previous transportation funding acts enacted by the legislature; How...
- Recent Developments in Federal Project Finance. Seltzer, David // Public Roads;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p26
Presents information on the United States Transportation Equity Act for the 21st century's funding levels for surface transportation projects. Information on Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicles bonds; Details on the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act of 1998; Development...
- Recipients Named For TIFIA Funds. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;09/27/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30984, p2
Reports that United States Secretary of Transportation Rodney E. Slater has named the New York City recipients of federal aid under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act. Projects that will receive federal aid.
- Up in the Air: Extensions keep federal transportation funding alive. Jordan, Jason // Planning;May/Jun2010, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p15
The article reports on the significance of the approval of the SAFETEA-LU extension to the federal transportation funding in the U.S. It notes that the initiative is a way of avoiding cutting off funds for highway and transit projects across the country. It emphasizes that the extension allows...
- Foothold for transit. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/24/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
The author reflects on the approval of transit funding bill of lawmakers in Indiana that asks voters for permission to fund transit through taxing capacity, stating that such bill is a major milestone in a long flight.
- Road Builders chief: Look past SAFETEA for highway funding. // Rock Products;Aug2005, Vol. 108 Issue 8, Special Section p2
Focuses on the need for policymakers at all government levels to develop an approach to transportation planning for the U.S. to remain globally competitive, according to American Road and Transportation Builder Association CEO Peter Ruane. Purpose of the Safe, Accountable, Flexible and...
- Coordinating public debt and monetary management. Leite, Sergio Pereira // Finance & Development;Mar1993, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p30
Discusses the nature of the interplay between financial sector reforms and public debt management. The undertaking of financial reforms without due consideration of public debt issues; Importance of debt management for the development of financial markets; The pre-reform phase; The transitional...
- Egypt pays $1.5 bln to foreign energy companies, ministry says. // Energy Today (Hungary);10/3/2014, p4
The article reports on the announcement by Egypt's oil ministry on October 2, 2014 that the country has paid 1.5 billion U.S. dollars of its debt to foreign energy companies.
- Core strength. Thomson, Stuart // Money Marketing;7/28/2011, p30
The article presents the author's views on how to resolve the eurozone debt crisis in Europe in 2011.