THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Schools Could Keep Allocations. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/3/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33227, p1
The article reports on the latest status on the Qualified School Construction Bond (QSCB) allocations of local school districts in the U.S. in 2009. It highlights the current announcement that gave large school districts the chance to keep their unused QSCB allocations despite expiration at the...
- Bill to aid vets at tribal colleges delayed. // Native American Times;2/4/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that a bill introduced by a group of South Dakota senators that will allow American Indian veterans of the National Guard to attend tribal colleges with state aid was sent to the U.S. Senates' appropriations committee due to cost concerns.
- Michigan legislature may leave school bond bills in limbo. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30655, p3
Focuses on the uncertainty of the progress of legislative bills affecting school bonds in Michigan. Concern among school districts on the impact of proposed legislation on school bond elections; Suggestion from school administrators to leave many options.
- Bill to lower Missouri school bond threshold stuck in Senate. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;05/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30639, p36
Reports on the deliberation in the Senate of a legislative bill to ease policies on passing school bond referendums in Missouri. Amendment lowering the threshold for voter approval of school bonds; Education lobby supporting the amendment.
- After a Slow Start, Region Gears Up for Surge of Issuance. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p30
Anticipates positive trends in bond issues and purchases in Southwestern States at the end of 2000. School and transportation issues for the last quarter of 2000; Refunding bonds; Region's outgrowing of infrastructure and school enrollments.
- Court Delay May Force New Hampshire Schools to Resubmit Bonds. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p3
Reports that court delay may force New Hampshire schools to resubmit bonds to voters. Threshold required for bond approval; Disputed bond projects.
- State's School Building Boom Offers a Boon to Bond Investors. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, Cover Story p4
Focuses on bonds issued in California for school building constructions. School construction and renovation program of the state; Structure of school bonds sold by the state; Benefits from general obligation bonds.
- Panel Urges Texas School Board To Think Bigger, Much Bigger. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p1
Reports on the position of the educators and teachers from the Northside Independent School District near San Antonio, Texas on a bond election. Structure of the bonds; Projects that will be funded.
- Reprieve for Several Bond Proposals. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p1
Reports on the plan to increase the private-activity bond volume cap and the low-income housing tax credit in a spending and tax package that the United States Congress is expected to pass. Community renewal portion of the tax bill.