Federally Indicted Philadelphia Bond Attorney Ron White Dies
- Philadelphia Corruption Case Begins. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;2/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32075, p1
The article reports that opening arguments are scheduled to begin in Philadelphia today in the federal government's municipal corruption case against former city Treasurer Corey Kemp, two executives from Commerce Bank, and two others. A review of a portion of the transcripts of wire-tapped...
- Philadelphia Sees More Indictments. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;11/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32005, p1
Reports on federal prosecutors' filing of a superceding indictment against Philadelphia bond attorney Ronald W. White, former city treasurer Corey Kemp and others seeking work or involved in the issuance of bonds for city projects and projects in the region. Charges against White and Kemp;...
- Maintaining Integrity. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32075, p1
The article reports that MSRB executive director Christopher Taylor has recently said that bond lawyers must do everything the can to help preserve the municipal bond market's integrity in the face of serious challenges that could undermine it. Taylor then ticked off a series of corruption cases...
- NABL Committee Nominates New Officers and Board Members. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p5
Reports on the nomination of officers and board members by the five-member committee of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) in the United States. Details on the terms of the officers; Approval of the nomination by the members of the NABL; Enumeration of nominees and board members...
- Man accused of using fake cash to pay bail. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/16/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 167, p5
The article reports on the arrest of 25-year-old Ronald White for shoplifting and paying his bail with fake money in Cinnaminson, New Jersey.
- On corruption and corrupters. Versi, Anver // African Business;Nov96, Issue 215, p7
Editorial. Discusses the association of corruption with Africa by citing the speech of the Speaker of the South African Parliament at an international business conference. Participation of Western countries in corruption in Africa and other countries; Actions on international bribery by...
- Corruption surges. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;May95, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cases of proven graft in China in 1994.
- Bureaucratic corruption in Africa: The futility of cleanups. Mbaku, John Mukum // CATO Journal;Spring/Summer96, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p99
Focuses on bureaucratic corruption cleanup strategies in Africa, and seeks to show why they have been ineffective. Attempts of bureaucrats in Africa to increase their level of compensation; Concept of corruption; Causes bureaucratic corruption in Africa; Traditional strategies for corruption...
- KEITH CRAIN: Don't expect return to normal in Detroit. // Crain's Detroit Business;5/31/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p8
The article presents author's views on several corrupt practices by politicians in Detroit, Michigan.