FSA Posts 39% Third-Quarter Gain; Assured Up 4%
- The Trading Floor. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p6
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of August 5, 2004. Increase in the second quarter earnings of Assured Guaranty Ltd.; Decline in the gross premiums written in the quarter; Disclosure of the profits of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd.
- Trouble in Triple-A's. // American Banker;7/24/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 142, p11
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. may downgrade the financial strength ratings for Assured Guaranty Ltd. and Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. According to Moody's, the potential downgrades were prompted by concerns over the companies' portfolio risk profiles,...
- Financial Security Assurance Holdings Posts 9.3% Rise in 2Q Operating Income. Myers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;8/10/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32193, p6
Reports on the increase in the second-quarter operating income posted by Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. in the U.S. Exclusion of fair value adjustments due to a negative adjustment for insured credit default swaps in the net income; Total present value of premiums of the insurer;...
- Financial Security Assurance Sees a Rise In Core Earnings, But Suffers a Net Loss. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/09/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30887, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. in the first quarter of 2000. Adjusted book value; Operating net income; Realized capital losses.
- Market-Share Leader FSA Reports 1Q Income Up 13% Over Last Year. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/3/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31379, p34
Reports the net income of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. for the first quarter of year 2002 in New York. Percentage of income increase; Statement regarding the performance of the company by chairman Robert P. Cochran; Market share for insuring bond issues.
- Assured Sets Meeting To Vote on Its Acquisition of FSA. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;2/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33053, p27
The article reports on the plans of Assured Guaranty Ltd. regarding its proposed acquisition of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. (FSA). It states that the company has set a shareholders' meeting date on March 16, 2009 to vote on its plans to acquire FSA and to ask the approval of the...
- Assured Guaranty to Buy FSA From Dexia. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;11/17/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33005, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Financial Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. by Assured Guaranty Ltd. in the U.S. The acquisition includes Financial Security Assurance's financial products business from Franco-Belgian bank Dexia SA. The deal, composed of cash and stock, is said to make...
- Assured and FSA Facing Downgrades. // American Banker;5/22/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 98, p11
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service has advised that it may lower its ratings on Assured Guaranty Ltd. and Security Assurance Holdings Ltd. Moody's reduced its rating on both firms in November, 208, and cited concerns over mortgage portfolios they insure in issuing its latest warning.
- Assured Closes in on FSA Acquisition. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/11/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33130, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Financial Security Assurance (FSA) Holdings Ltd. by Assured Guaranty Ltd. in the U.S. According to Assured and FSA parent Dexia SA, Assured expects to complete the acquisition on July 1, 2009. The deal will put the two most active remaining bond insurers...