Atlanta's $372 Million Airport Offering Leads New-Issue Calendar
- Power Utility Mergers in N.Y., N.J. May Affect Muni Market. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p4
The article discusses the influence of the mergers and acquisitions among New York and New Jersey power providers in the municipal bond market. The planned 7.3 billion acquisition of KeySpan Corp. by National Grid affected the market by roughly $804 million of KeySpan debt, also affecting the...
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- Muni Buyers Show Up Big For California. Saskal, Rich; Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/6/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31878, p1
Reports on California's economic recovery bond offering in 2004. Strong demand for the bonds; Expected total sale of the bonds; Marketing efforts for the bonds; Reduction of yields on several maturities before the final pricing.
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- N.J. Arena Plan May Hit Snag As Protesters Seek Referendum. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p3
Reports that the Newark, N.J., Housing Authority's upcoming $199.4 million rent-backed bond sale may be thrown into question as a legal battle between city officials and proponents of a referendum plan gets underway in 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant...
- Columbus' $302.5 Million Issue Will Be Its Biggest Ever. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p3
Reports that the city of Columbus, Ohio, will come to market in July 2004 with its largest bond sale ever, a $302.5 million mix of limited- and unlimited-tax general obligation bonds that will be sold in a competitive deal carrying an affirmation of the city's triple-A by rating agencies. Key...
- Upgraded California Prepares $500M Sale. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/7/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31963, p7
The start of the fall issuance season in the municipal market gets off to a slow start this week with a $500 million sale from the financially challenged but newly upgraded California, which will headline post-Labor Day activity. The competitive deal, which is scheduled for Thursday, is the...
- Louisiana Bond Commission Approves $500M State GO Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p3
Reports on the Louisiana State Bond Commission's approval of a general obligation bond deal the state might sell competitively on October 21, 2004. Upgrading of the state's debt by the rating agencies Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service; Government Finance...
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p30
Lists selected municipal bonds issued in Alaska, California, Hawaii and Washington as of September 24, 2004. Issuer and purpose; Amount; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- Memphis Competitively Selling $125 Million of General Improvement Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p6
Reports that Memphis, Tennessee will sell general improvement bonds. Bond rating; Budget problems of the city; Bond maturities.