Ohio's LaTourette Likely to Head House Rail Subcommittee
- Congressional Agencies and Committees. // Government Executive;Jul2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p103
Presents a directory of congressional agencies and committees in the United States.
- Rail security bills make their way through Congress. // Railway Age;Jul2004, Vol. 205 Issue 7, p14
Presents information on several rail security bills passed in the U.S. Congress in 2004. Protecting Railroads against Enemy Efforts through Modernization, Planning, and Technology Act introduced by Representative Jack Quinn of New York; Rail Transit Safety and Security Act of 2004 introduced by...
- The Congressional Crackup. // Wilson Quarterly;Autumn99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p81
Reviews the article `Crackup of Committees,' by Richard E. Cohen in the July 31, 1999 issue of the `National Journal,' about the committee system in the United States Congress. Description of the committee system in the 1885 study of political scientist Woodrow Wilson; Historical background of...
- COMMITTEE JURISDICTION & NEW CHAIRMEN. // Congressional Digest;Feb55, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p50
Presents a detailed list of the standing committee of the succeeding 84[supth] U.S. Congress. Information regarding the succeeding chairman of each committee; Constitution of each committee in respect to Democrat and Republican members; Details regarding the responsibilities under the...
- Key congressional committees. // AHA News;01/11/99, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p5
Reveals the legislative committees in the United States that have major responsibility regarding health care issues. Congressional committees that have primary jurisdiction over health care institutions.
- Congressman calls for tougher load security for flatbeds. // Overdrive;Aug93, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p22
Cites the call of Congressman Jack Quinn's for a tougher load security regulations for flatbed trucks to the Federal Highway Administration. Accident on the New York State Thruway that spurred the move; Defense of load security by the carrier owner.
- Yo, networks! You blew it! // National Journal;1/4/97, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p3
Reports on assertion of Representative Jack Quinn of New York that he is not the same Jack Quinn who resigned as White House Counsel. Use of Representative Quinn's picture in news stories about White House Counsel's resignation.
- EDUCATIONAL MATERIAL FOR BLIND CHILDREN. Lerner, Joseph S. // Exceptional Children;Dec1951, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p91
The article focuses on the hearing conducted by the subcommittee of the House Education Committee on a bill. The hearing of the bill, known as HR 1499, is aimed at increasing the annual appropriation for the American Printing House for the Blind Inc., the producer of government books and...
- CUNA Critical Of OTS Actions In CU Charter Conversions. // Credit Union Journal;6/12/2006, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p10
The article reports on the statement by the Credit Union National Association to a House subcommittee oversight hearing on the Office of the Thrift Supervision in the U.S. The statement will be aimed at providing the subcommittee a more complete picture of the role of that the agency plays in...