The Risk/Benefit Trade-Off of No-Lapse Premium Guarantee Policies
- It's time to give more focus to risk control. Reinkemeyer, Patrick // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/14/98, Vol. 102 Issue 37, p22
Discusses risk control in variable life (VL) and variable universal life insurance in the United States. Risk control tool of diversification; Mean-variance optimization analysis on three VL policies; Three levels of target return; Challenges and opportunities facing product designers.
- Insurance Technology "2.0:" An Interactive Process for 2013. Weber, Richard M. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Mar2013, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p40
2013 will bring big changes in supplemental policy illustration technology, and a new Society of Financial Service Professionals member benefit will give planners and insurance professionals an opportunity to offer valuable policy management services to their clients.
- Getting The Most Out Of "Life". // Insurance Broadcasting;9/3/2013, p1
The article informs that benefits from life insurance policies is an important financial planning tool which can be applied to funerals, college costs, mortgages, and credit card bills. It informs that in the month of September 2013, the financial protection benefits provider Unum Group is...
- Indexed Universal Life. Samuelson, Bobby // Wealth Channel Magazine;Spring2011, p34
The article focuses on several perspectives of Indexed universal life (IUL) insurance policy. Topics discussed include indexed UL products carrying equity risks, insurance carriers exposed to the risks of mortality and interest rate, and the role of hedge funds in determining the risks of...
- Life Insurance in Times of Uncertainty. Cordell, David M.; Langdon, Thomas P. // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2009, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p32
The article focuses on the authors discussion on whole life insurance in the U.S. They note that the financial difficulties offers an opportunity to review basic principles of financial planning. They suggest that the slow and steady rates of whole life insurance are more attractive following...
- Baldwin Suggests Ways To Build VUL Sales. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/11/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 50, p17
Offers suggestions on building sales for variable universal life (VUL) insurance policies. Growth in the market share for the third quarter of 1999; What to discuss with clients when selling VUL; Rights included in the Life Insurance Policyowner Bill of Rights by Baldwin Financial Systems.
- Top 5 selling VL/VULs. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/20/96, Vol. 100 Issue 21, p12
Presents statistical information on the top five selling variable life insurance and variable-universal life insurance for 1995.
- View The VUL As A Life Cycle Policy. Lakenbach, Cary // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/7/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p8
Discusses the major attributes of variable universal life policies as a life cycle policy. Ability to provide death benefit protection; Potential of contracts to provide attractive cash flows to enhance retirement income.
- Too Many Loans Out On A Policy? An "Overloan" Feature Could Help. Lakenbach, Cary // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 28, p18
Discusses the importance of an overloan provision in a variable universal life insurance policy. Problems involved when a policyholder takes loans out on a policy; Steps in assessing considerations for the use of an overloan provision; Ways to enhance financial security.