- Retirement Destinations. Diliberto, Roy; Anthony, Mitch // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p30
This article discusses how financial planners can help their clients plan for retirement. Often, financial planners and clients discuss retirement as an economic destination, which often results in clients arriving at an economic goal but being homeless in an existential sense--ill at ease with...
- Location, Location, Location! Righthand, Penny // Advisor Today;Feb2006, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p70
The article points out to insurance and financial advisors that is essential for them to determine where exactly their clients are in their financial plan. This is demonstrated by a conversation with a husband and wife who want to plan for their retirement.
- Top 10 Financial Planning Misconceptions. Bernstein, Phyllis // National Public Accountant;Dec2007-Mar2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p16
The article presents the top ten financial planning misconceptions of clients. It includes confusion of clients over financial planning with investing, believing that financial planning is the same as retirement planning and they did not set measurable financial goals. In addition, clients also...
- Part-Time Retirement. White, Martha C. // Financial Planning;Nov2013, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p91
The article discusses some issues that need to be factored in the financial plans of retired working clients. According to the article, a working retirement is likely to require changes to a client's financial plan including issues related to unforeseen expenses, Social Security, Medicare,...
- Portraits of Clients in Full Humanity. Wagner, Richard B. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p44
The article presents author's views on issues related to retirement, while highlighting some of the encounters experienced by retirees. Some people live in all their glory, with authentic issues palpably affecting their personal finances. Not many of their issues are hard or technical-- not...
- Raging Retirement. Stein, Michael K. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p34
This article focuses on the role of financial planners in helping their clients understand the structure of retirement and see the potential in the different phases of retirement. The good health, energy, personal and financial resources often present in the first phase of retirement have the...
- Retired? Financial planning isn't just for the young. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;11/5/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p25
Discusses the factors that should be considered in financial planning by retired people. Areas of financial planning; Importance of financial planning to retirees; Tips on choosing a financial advisor.
- A Comparison of Retirement Strategies and Financial Planner Value. Martin Jr., Terrance K.; Finke, Michael // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2014, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p46
The author considers the value of financial planners by examining the retirement planning strategies of four household groups, two of which used planners and two of which didn't. The authors' research indicates those who used planners to estimate their retirement needs and develop a plan for...
- HANDS-ON INVESTMENT. Hensley, Peter // Investigate;Nov2005, Vol. 5 Issue 58, p66
Presents a hypothetical scenario concerning personal finance management. Importance of working closely with a financial advisor; Ways to analyze retirement plans; Techniques in managing personal finances.